EB2 IN Onslaught

tusharvk

Registered Users (C)
From Oh' site, it seems that EB2 IN who missed the boat to file I485 in July-Aug'07, are in for a long wait before the gates are opened again.

Any idea whether applicants could still port PD from EB3 to EB2 even after filing 485 application? Such an ability could result in retrogression virtually forever.

Correct there was large scale EB2 filings from India as the EB3 was already backlogged (around 2004).

we are schrewd because of stupid rules and laws

:mad:This whole things are happening due to bad planning of UCS. First of all they started Premium labor before clearing the previous backlog and further schrewd by this portability of dates and sub labor.

Those who are genuine and waiting in line for 6 years are still far from getting green card and on the other hands some people getting it easily after buying approved labor. There are couple of peple who applied in 2005 in premium processing got their green cards already...

Any idea whether applicants could still port PD from EB3 to EB2 even after filing 485 application? Such an ability could result in retrogression virtually forever.

Yes you can, provided the I-140 corresponding to both the LCs are approved. If I-485 is pending you have to interfile the approprirate I-140 to recapture PD or upgrade Employment Based category etc.