EB2 Guys please work with us on this

satish001

Registered Users (C)
All EB2 people,
I did a rough draft of what we can send to AILA, Prakash Khatri and any others you can think of. Can you guys provide feedback on updates or changes. If we can get this sent by the end of this week. Guys, please work with us on this. I do not know the exact dates of when the processing seems to have stopped. So, please make any changes and let us get this sent out. It is worth a shot.
JK, we need you help more than ever bro'.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We would like to request your help with the processing of I-140, Immigration Petition for a alien worker with Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability also known as EB2 Category. The processing for these applications seems to have stalled from 3 months ago. The updates of processing times by the USCIS indicates that they are processing applications from November 20, 2003. This date has not moved for the last few updates. However, for the other categories of skilled worker and unskilled worker the processing has been moving along greatly according to the USCIS updates. We applaud and appreciate the efforts by USCIS in processing those categories. We would like to request you to kindly bring this to the attention of the appropriate authorities within the USCIS to resume processing for the EB2 Category as well. It has been a trying time for many of us causing emotional trauma. We would like to know what exactly is going on with the processing of these applications. We appreciate any help that you can provide us in this matter, since the lack of action and information about these applications affects our day to day life worser than you can imagine.

Thanks

Satish:

Excellent effort in taking the lead. I modified the letter to build a stronger case for all of us. Here is my inputs.

Come on guys...let's do it TOGETHER....
Mr. J...i know you opted out a week back...Do you think you can help considering we are all interested to proceed....

Waiting_Waiting...

----------------

Dear Mr. Khatri,

We as a group would like to bring to your attention our current situation with our Immigration Petitions and request your cooperation in expediting the processing for EB2 I-140 petitions.

Our group is represented by applications for I-140 – EB2 category (Immigration Petition for alien worker with Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability). We have been monitoring the processing times for this category on USCIS website and we have been all been disappointed with the progress made since June 23rd, 2004. The processing may have been stalled for various internal reasons but we would like to make a plea for your intervention in this matter.

We make a stronger case for your perusal as we have been an integral part of US education system and have achieved higher objectives by gaining US degrees. We don’t intend to undermine the efforts and contributions from applicants of other categories (EB3 in particular), where the processing is much faster and has moved closer to being current (June 2004) but we would all like to see a regular movement in approval of our applications if not at a faster pace.

We certainly applaud and appreciate the efforts by USCIS in processing other categories but would like to request you to kindly bring this to the attention of the appropriate highest-level authorities within the USCIS to resume processing for the EB2 Category.

For all of us, it has been a time of emotional trauma with a continuous instability in planning for the future and moving ahead in our careers to further contribute to the US economy. With pending Presidential elections, it makes it more difficult for all of us to forecast the ultimate results of our applications. Many of us are about to complete maximum allowed 6 years of H1B timing and a speedy processing will help us all to continue with our plans.

We understand your office being inundated with individual such requests but we come to you with a sincere request and Hope for help. We will certainly appreciate any help you can provide us in this matter.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

-----------------------------------------

Great, good format and thanks for initiative.
Do you think at the end of the letter we should include our details like

Applicant Receipt Number for I140:
Applicant Alien A# Axx xxx xxx
Receipt Date
Notice Date
SSN # xxx-xx-xxxx
Date of Birth
Citizenship
Name and Address with INS:

Guys, I was reading previous posting related to Prakesh, there were other people saying that he did not respond to any. Even then we should definitely send our request.

But it would be great to find out other contacts in DHS with same post as prakesh or higher, so that we can “CC” them, so that others will know and stay informed about this and track our response from any of them.

How are you planning to send it - one group letter with everybody's A# or receipt #, or everybody sends it individually?

Also, everyone, please suggest the names/titles/addresses of other people who we should send it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am always with you people. I will shoot my email to Prakash Khatri after 10 people are done. Let us start a list of people who send it.

About format - I agree to whatever you people agree and same goes for content. Let us make 140 case number optional - some employers do not give it to employees.

For people who have 140 case number, I will strongly suggest to put it.

Here is the list:

People who have sent email:

*** YET TO START ***

How are we sending it individual or group?

Waiting_Waiting, Great Job on the draft. We can use yours as-is. How are we sending it? Group or Individually? Would group make more sense? Should we shoot individual mails from all directions to get some attention. Should we send it to AILA too? Who else can we send it too? We have got to try to get some attention guys.

Please send the faxing details

HI Sateesh:

Thanks for taking the inititaive in drafting the letter. I have been waiting for my EB-2 approval since February 2004 as well. Please let us know the next steps and we are ready for faxing or mailing this letter.

Regards,

Lets send it individually

Alright guys, lets send it individually. Please spread the word to other EB2s you might know. The email addresses are:

Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov
cisombudsman@dhs.gov
CISO@DHS.gov

If someone can find a fax number or some other contact info for AILA that would be great. Anyone else that we can send it to, like Congressmen etc, please post it. Lets get this rolling.

thanks

I sent a mail.

I sent a mail with the content from waiting_waiting's message. Can you all please send it and spread the word too.

Friends,
I have also send the email with my personal information like receipt number etc. Thank you all for initiating the process. Just spread the word.
Please every body take some time and send the email.

Each additional mail may bring some change, hope for the best. and i wish will be get positive reply and soon get 140 approvals.
Best of luck to each and every body here.

1. satish001
2. eternal_labor
3. Con_File_Feb
10. Jharkhandi(lazy guy - not sent till now - will send on week-end).

1. satish001
2. eternal_labor
3. Con_File_Feb
4. Karan29

Thanks to everyone for taking step. Just now I sent email.

karan29 said:

1. satish001
2. eternal_labor
3. Con_File_Feb
4. Karan29
5. contact00007

Guys!

I am glad i could help with the email content. Good Luck.
I too am also in the same boat (EB2) and will probably send the email soon but i want to take another opinion on what may be another better way to present our case. I don't have high hopes on sending an email to Mr. Kharti as he and other must be getting millions of emails every day and it will be impossible to go through each and every email. Bottom line, less impact as a group.

I had another idea. How about all of us sign a letter each and then mail it to one person. That person can collect all the letters and then overnight it to Mr. Khatri. This may be more effective and the chances of us getting attention is higher. If you agree, i can post my email address on this forum and i'll send my mailing address to the person who sends me an email. (I do not want to post my home address on this forum)

Give me your thoughts. IF we decide on a cut-off date and the number of letters, i'll volunteer to pay for fedex to Mr. Khatri.

Waiting_waiting

I like the idea

waiting_waiting,
I like your idea. I am ready to send you a signed letter. All the other guys who are helping here, please provide your feedback as well. We need atleast 10 guys to send letters, i would think. What do you all think? Any creative ideas are welcome. What do we have to lose? We should try anything that makes sense.

Satish and others:

Here you go, anyone who is interested in participating in sending a signed letter to me should send me an email at sgupta03AThotmail.com. Make the subject text as EB2 letter. I will respond and send you my address. I know there are much more than 10 people who can send me the letters but i'd like to have as many as possible.

Mr. J..you are well known on this forum. Do you want to start another thread which outlines this to attract more candidates..We may want to put this up on any other boards (I don't know of any other)..

Letter format - Name, City, State on top (Put address if you'd like to disclose)
Letter content - Feel free to use the one i posted in this thread..modify as you like.
Address it to Mr. Khatri.
Sign yourself - give your RD, category, current status (optional), what all has been approved.

The above are my suggestions, feel free to put in anything as far it is ethical and helps us in your objective. I will reserve the right to reject a letter in case the content is offensive which can impact other letters. Also i suggest a deadline of Oct 5th, 2004 to receive the letters..anything which comes to me before that goes...others will not make it...

Waiting_Waiting...