EB2 eligibility?

phariharan650

I graduated in Jul 2005 with bachelors degree (12+4) and worked in India for 4 years and 7 months. I moved to US on L1b visa with the same employer in 2010 and has 3 yrs & 9 months exp in US. Will I eligible to file under EB2 - will DOL consider my US experience given that it is the same employer who is filing for my green card? Appreciate your help

They only count experience prior to the sponsored job, meaning the 4 years and 7 months in your case. Some lawyers say that if you change into a substantially different position in the same company (and amend your visa through CIS), you can count the experience in the old position to file GC based on the new position.

People who hold advanced degrees and individuals with exceptional ability in the arts, science or business, are provided visas under this EB-2 preference category. This preference category requires a labor certification unless the applicant is able receive a national interest waiver.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I graduated in Jul 2005 with bachelors degree (12+4) and worked in India for 4 years and 7 months. I moved to US on L1b visa with the same employer in 2010 and has 3 yrs & 9 months exp in US. Will I eligible to file under EB2 - will DOL consider my US experience given that it is the same employer who is filing for my green card? Appreciate your help