EB2 Educational Eligibility

Lakno101

Registered Users (C)
I did B.com plus CA (which is equalent to postgraduation) in India. I have more than 12 years of Internaltional Enterprise IT management and project leading experience. my question is am I eligible under EB2?.....I am presently on H1B in USA

Please clarify.
regards

I am also in same situation. I was all along under the impression that CA is considered as a post graduation but in US immigration it is considered as certification simmilar to CPA and not a master degree.

Accouding to the Lawyer my case is not eligible for EB2 , if you hear otherwise please let me know

If your bachelor's degree is a 3-year degree then no, you do not qualify for EB2. You will have to file under EB3 with the alternative combination requirement of "will accept 3 years college education plus 3 years related experience in lieu of required education & experience."

Hi all,

I graduated with a Masters in Elec Engg. from a university here in the US; and hired by my company as Computer Programmer, straight from school 3yrs ago.

From what I've been reading through various threads, it appears that having a Master's with 0 yrs experience qualifies for EB-2. However my lawyer, says that the degree is just not enough, it also has to satisfy the prevailing wage, skill level, experience and the position type i.e. managerial responsibilities etc. The prevailing wage and skill level (3) check out; I don't have any management role in the company and I also lack experience (0 yrs), and thats where he mentions that eventhough you put Master's it would put you in EB-3... I'd like to believe otherwise, but is this a valid argument?

For my position i.e. Computer Programmer, a Master's is not required unless it can be proved by my company that it is a business requirement and show that most of the recent hires in this position have a Master's degree (this can be proved by HR, also consulted the CEO of my firm). Has anyone provided similar proof, and if so what exactly has to be shown, how many hires, timeframe?

I'd appreciate any help...