Eb2/eb3

jkl47

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
What category will M.C.A.(Mater Of Computer Applications) degree fall under ..EB2 or EB3..

Thank you.

TALK TO A LAWYER FIRST.

It depends on your degree as much as it depends on what is mentioned in LC/ETA750 form.
If the ETA 750 says the job needs a masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience then it is purely EB2. Then in that case you have to get your MCA evaluated to a US masters degree thru a authorised evaluator.

If the ETA 750 says the job needs a bachelors degree then it is purely EB3.
Since MCA is a non US degree get it evaluated as mentioned earlier.

Hi Hathwar,
Thanks for your response..Can you also please explain what is LC/ETA 750 form..(is it something which the employer will hold and file as part of the labor..) and how to get your degree evaluated..like whom do I approach for evaluation.

Thanks again,

There is company called Trustforte which does the evaluations. I did not have to use them as I have 2 masters degree from the US. Google them on the web.

Yes ETA750, is the form which is sent by the employer to the SESA/SWA at the state level. After SESA approves it it will forwarded to the federal processing, which has all the job requirements and duties/description.
Sections 14 and 15 are the most important in this form which provides the necessary qualification to fit in a particular category for EB GC applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't designing the job requirement in the ETA 750 form pretty much in the hands of the employer (in the case of consulting)..my passport doesn't yet show H1 stamp as I didn't get it stamped yet..is that any sort of hindrance at nay satge of GC processing..if so is atleast ok until labor is cleared to not to have H1 stamp on passport..

Yes and No. It all depends onyour relationship with your employer. In my case I gave the requirements for the job, verified it with my lawyer and my company signed the forms and suppoerted it till the end.

Where can I get right information about how tos.. so I can, you know ..form the requirements and all the related stuff and be on right track ..

Prevailing Wage for EB2 Visa Category

Hi all,

I have been following this DB since one year. This is my first message in this DB. Actually I am planning to file GC under PERM in the EB2 category. So, I wanted to know how much is the prevailing wage for this category?

Thanks in advance for your valuable reply.

Hi all,

In India I did my Bsc (3 years), MSc(2 years) and MPhil( 1 year) in Physics. I have 14 years of experience as embedded Software engineer.

Am I eligible for EB-2?

Somewhere I read that the applicant needs to have a "single" 4 year degree and we cannot combine 2 or more degrees to make it as a 4 year US BS equivalent. Is it true?

Thanks.

hathwar said:
TALK TO A LAWYER FIRST.

It depends on your degree as much as it depends on what is mentioned in LC/ETA750 form.
If the ETA 750 says the job needs a masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience then it is purely EB2. Then in that case you have to get your MCA evaluated to a US masters degree thru a authorised evaluator.

If the ETA 750 says the job needs a bachelors degree then it is purely EB3.
Since MCA is a non US degree get it evaluated as mentioned earlier.

I have Total 6 years of experience with MCA degree(already evaluated to US Masters of Science).

text from Ad.
/***Req.: Min of BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications & 4 yrs. exp. In job offered or as a Software Engineer. ***/

Based on my qaulification and ad text can I go with EB2
OR
1.Does it require to say masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience
or
2. Bachelors degree + 4 yrs experience enough to apply in EB2

Please advise.Thanks in advance

mypal_s said:
I have Total 6 years of experience with MCA degree(already evaluated to US Masters of Science).

text from Ad.
/***Req.: Min of BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications & 4 yrs. exp. In job offered or as a Software Engineer. ***/

OR
1.Does it require to say masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience
or
2. Bachelors degree + 4 yrs experience enough to apply in EB2

Please advise.Thanks in advance
It needs to say Masters required or (Bachelors + 5 yrs) to qualify for EB2

text from Ad.

OR
1.Does it require to say masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience ----------- This is needed as EB-2 is for jobs which require exceptional ability or advanced degree holder.
or
2. Bachelors degree + 4 yrs experience enough to apply in EB2 ------ Not good enough as it does not mention advanced degree requirements for the job.

Thanks for quick response.

As u said,
//1.Does it require to say masters degree or Bachelors degree + experience ----------- This is needed as EB-2 is for jobs which require exceptional ability or advanced degree holder
//

Meaning in oder to apply in EB2, I need to re-run the ad with "Masters degree or BS+ 5yr Exp" . So in this case my employer has to justify why MS is required for the offered postion Right?

OR
what if I use below ad apply in EB2 what is risk?
/text from Ad.
***Req.: Min of BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications & 4 yrs. exp. In job offered or as a Software Engineer. ***/

Please advise. where can I get the guidelines for EB2 rules.

desp2002 said:
It needs to say Masters required or (Bachelors + 5 yrs) to qualify for EB2

Thanks for response.

Is it possible to convince DOL that the position actually requires MS Degree or BS with 5 yrs experience but inorder to get the more applications through ad they only mentioned BS with 4 years exp. :)

Is it valid argument and how it effect the process.

mypal_s said:
Thanks for response.

Is it possible to convince DOL that the position actually requires MS Degree or BS with 5 yrs experience but inorder to get the more applications through ad they only mentioned BS with 4 years exp. :)

Is it valid argument and how it effect the process.
EB2 category requirements are as such. You can convince DOL but USCIS is another matter. :rolleyes:

EB2 or Not

I have B. Tech. In Mechanical Engg and 6 years working experience in IT field.
Do I qualify for EB2 or they just consider you in EB2 when you do B. tech in Computer Science.

RIR EB3/RIR EB2 /PERM EB2
My company has more than 200 employee’s head-office in NJ and branch in Chicago.
This is the only second LC they are doing.

My 5th year exp on 6/12/2005.

Since LC processing is faster in Chicago we opted Chicago and gave an ad.

Text from Ad.

Here I am Hanging now.

Option I

Now I am about apply my LC in RIR/EB3 .Based on above ad which is already published I can’t apply in EB2 even I have Master degree and 6 years of experience.
Since dates are backed up I am in Dilemma Weather to proceed or not.

Option II

I could start fresh PERM/EB2 process in NJ with different Job description and EB2 process in mind. Because I have Master Degree and 6 years of experience and my employer is willing to give PW.

Is it possible to go for this option Without effecting Option I.?

Option III

Is it good idea to re do the same ad in Chicago by putting EB2 qualification and Apply in RIR/EB2.

And the Last but most confusing Point is.

Is it Possible to have both RIR and PERM applications active since these two LC are in different states and for slightly different positions (one is EB3 and other is EB2).

Please Advice. Thanks in advance.

manish_shriv said:
I have B. Tech. In Mechanical Engg and 6 years working experience in IT field.
Do I qualify for EB2 or they just consider you in EB2 when you do B. tech in Computer Science.

It seems to be tricky . I am sure One can apply in EB2 if he/she has Masters degree or BS with 5 years experience.But I am not sure that one should have the Degree in IT related feild.If it is not true then ur eligibal for EB2 but make sure that ur LC has that requirement meaning master degree or BS+5 yrs exp.