EB2- 2005 Card Production Ordered - 4th Jan 2008

shouldn't it be the date when the GC is approved?
June is when the GC was approved. When a case is transferred to a local office, they may stamp it "Approved" shortly after the interview, but the final steps sometimes don't get put through the system for months due to all the back-and-forth between the local office and the Texas or Nebraska service center.

hello, im new to this, can someone please tell me on how i can post my new subject? thanks..

Got my Permanent Resident Card y'day. Resident from date is 06/02/2007.
Congratulations pjct_gc!
Your file seems to have remained for months gathering dust at TSC's card production department.
I thought my case was bad enough!
Actual approval by Dallas local office on 06/20/2007 (as per Congressman's Office)
Transfer back to TSC 07/05/2007 (as per Infopass) for card production (as per Congressman's office)
Case status pending (as per Infopass at Dallas office on 08/13/2007) Got Emergency AP on 08/13/2007; IO told me they will send an email asking the case status to be updated in their system based on my input from Congressman's office
Card Production e-mail on 08/15/2007
Card Received on 08/22/07 with residence since date 06/30/2007.

Long story short "Some USCIS officers at the local office think it is not their duty to update the system after approving the case and simply transfer the case to TSC for card production. TSC card production department updates the case status just before they mail out the green card"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more of a caution - be sure now than be sorry later. In this case the PD was never current in FY 08. I have yet to see even one FY 07 case get approved after Sep.

Being cautious is good.

But trying to understand all the workings of USCIS and their processes and questioning their every action (even a positive one) is taking it to an extreme. No? (Conspiracy Theory anyone??)

That would have been OK if USCIS was transparent. But they are not.

Congratulations to the OP on approval. Happy New Year.

Congratulations pjct_gc!
Your file seems to have remained for months gathering dust at TSC's card production department.
I thought my case was bad enough!
Actual approval by Dallas local office on 06/20/2007 (as per Congressman's Office)
Transfer back to TSC 07/05/2007 (as per Infopass) for card production (as per Congressman's office)
Case status pending (as per Infopass at Dallas office on 08/13/2007) Got Emergency AP on 08/13/2007; IO told me they will send an email asking the case status to be updated in their system based on my input from Congressman's office
Card Production e-mail on 08/15/2007
Card Received on 08/22/07 with residence since date 06/30/2007.

Long story short "Some USCIS officers at the local office think it is not their duty to update the system after approving the case and simply transfer the case to TSC for card production. TSC card production department updates the case status just before they mail out the green card"

Dallas03096 and pjct_gc:

I need your comments. My case was also transfered to memphis local office and stuck there for a while. I did my interview in Jan 9, 2007 and stuck in name check. In October I recieved a letter from memphis office that my file is transfered back to TSC for card production. And since then no action on my case. My dependents got an LUD with message " case pending at the office it was tranfered" on Jan 10, 2008. Menawhile, I applied EAD in dec 2007 and got approved today.

My question is do they approve cases at local office and transfer only for card production to TSC? If so do you think my case could have been already approved and just collecting dust at card production dept? Becos, in my recent infopass in dec, the IO told me my name check was cleared in Aug 2007 and file was returned to TSC on Oct 2, 2007 and is lying with them. But she did not want to tell me if it is approved or not!! I was following Dallas case as it was similar to me. What you think I should do to push my case now? Appreciate your response!

Dallas03096 and pjct_gc:

I need your comments. My case was also transfered to memphis local office and stuck there for a while. I did my interview in Jan 9, 2007 and stuck in name check. In October I recieved a letter from memphis office that my file is transfered back to TSC for card production. And since then no action on my case. My dependents got an LUD with message " case pending at the office it was tranfered" on Jan 10, 2008. Menawhile, I applied EAD in dec 2007 and got approved today.

My question is do they approve cases at local office and transfer only for card production to TSC? If so do you think my case could have been already approved and just collecting dust at card production dept? Becos, in my recent infopass in dec, the IO told me my name check was cleared in Aug 2007 and file was returned to TSC on Oct 2, 2007 and is lying with them. But she did not want to tell me if it is approved or not!! I was following Dallas case as it was similar to me. What you think I should do to push my case now? Appreciate your response!

1) Please contact the immigration liasion in your Congressman's office and ask them to check the status of your case with USCIS.
2) Please send Form G-731T Inquiry About Status of I-551, Alien Registration Card to Texas Service center where your case is pending.

All the best!