EB2- 2005 Card Production Ordered - 4th Jan 2008

pjct_gc

Registered Users (C)
Just checked my email and saw a mail from Cris that was sent y'day at 5:30 pm stating card production ordered. I cannot believe it. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you got your greencard even though your PD is not current? There is only one explanation - it was approved in error. I have seen a number of posts where USCIS approved the GC in error, only to revoke it later. You might get a letter asking you to return the card.
The worst case scenario is USCIS revokes your card, and does not inform you. (Communication failures are common with CIS). You then go on a foreign trip, and upon return you are denied entry because your GC is invalid and you don't have AP.

You might want to talk to your lawyer. Alternatively take the card to infopass and explain that it was approved in error and ask the IO to reinstate your pending status, so that you can file AP/EAD renewals.

Just checked my email and saw a mail from Cris that was sent y'day at 5:30 pm stating card production ordered. I cannot believe it. Good luck to everyone.
You sure it is the green card, and not the EAD card? A friend of mine recently got an email like that, got excited about it, then after reading it more carefully the next day realized it was for the EAD.

So you got your greencard even though your PD is not current? There is only one explanation - it was approved in error. I have seen a number of posts where USCIS approved the GC in error, only to revoke it later. You might get a letter asking you to return the card.
The worst case scenario is USCIS revokes your card, and does not inform you. (Communication failures are common with CIS). You then go on a foreign trip, and upon return you are denied entry because your GC is invalid and you don't have AP.

You might want to talk to your lawyer. Alternatively take the card to infopass and explain that it was approved in error and ask the IO to reinstate your pending status, so that you can file AP/EAD renewals.

rollingstone-
you could have cautioned pjct_gc without scaring the heck out of him like that.

It is entirely possible that a visa might have been allocated when pjct_gc's PD was current, right?
And someone called "rollingstone" agrees with that theory here -
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1841455#post1841455

It's more of a caution - be sure now than be sorry later. In this case the PD was never current in FY 08. I have yet to see even one FY 07 case get approved after Sep.

It's more of a caution - be sure now than be sorry later. In this case the PD was never current in FY 08. I have yet to see even one FY 07 case get approved after Sep.
Agreed. But you could have cautioned him without getting into such detailed nightmarish scenario. It only gives us the impression that you are bitter about something. Good luck with your stuff.

I agree with you duggils1.
pjct_gc, don't get scared. Your approval may be final as your case transfereed to local office in Jan 2007 during and transfereed back to TSC in July 2007 during which time the EBd India 2005 PD was current. Probably they would have requested visa number during that time frame and may be recently your name check is cleared so u got card production ordered now.

Also, there is a reason to believe it may be approved in error. Anyway, you call them and find out for sure if they don't come back after it.

You are rite knowDOL.I think this case is perfectly normal. pjct_gc Congratulations and enjoy your card.Dont need to worry about anything.
If a visa number was already allocated earlier why worry about the PD being not current.

Thanks for the word of advice. This is the I-485 application. My EAD was approved in may 2007 and I recently got my AP approval too( in dec07).

I had called TSC in Sep07 and I was told that my GC was approved in the local office and that it needs to be updated in the system and to wait. Through the local office also I got the same information that it was approved and hence only sent to TSC in July 2007.

Will update once I get any different message from CRIS or when I get the card whichever happens first.

Thanks for word of advice. This is the I-485 application. My EAD was approved in may 2007 and I recently got my AP approval too( in dec07).

I had called TSC in Sep07 and I was told that my GC was approved in the local office and that it needs to be updated in the system and to wait. Through the local office also I got the same information that it was approved and hence only sent to TSC in July 2007.

Will update once I get any different message from CRIS or when I get the card whichever happens first.

I think something may be mess up in USCIS. I received Welcome Notice on 8/29/07 for my son's case. I called TSC several times for card production. IO told me FP was not received yet although it did on 8/7/07. Finally I got CRIS email of Card Production Ordered on 12/21/07. Next day I received FP notice again. Also I got another email on 12/24/07 saying Approval Notice was sent to me. However so far I have not received neither card nor Approval Notice. I called TSC a couple of days ago and was told there is a backlog becaue of holiday, and there should be delay for my mail.

Congrats on your successful approval !!!

Congrats on your successful approval !!!

How did you know that the local office had approved your case ? Did they send you a letter or thru InfoPass ? Did you request them specifically to transfer it back to TSC ? Did you attend an interview at the local office ? Appreciate your replies.

My case got transferred to the local office in April and all my checks, finger prints etc. are cleared. Waiting for visa number to become available for EB3 / INDIA. :(:(:(:(

Thanks.

My interview was done in July 06 and I found out through infopass appointment in July 07 that my case was transferred to TSC for card production. I did not get any letter from the local office. After a month or so I had called TSC through the POJ method and the officer told me that my case was approved at the local office.

Good luck.

Looks it was actually approved 6+ months ago, but due to the delays involved with transferring back and forth from the local office, the final steps were not put through the system until very recently. I wonder what the "Resident since" date on the card will be.

Just checked my portfolio and here is the status...

Current Status: Card Mailed

On January 8, 2008, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Congratulation. I would say it is lottery to you !!

Just checked my portfolio and here is the status...

Current Status: Card Mailed

On January 8, 2008, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Got my Permanent Resident Card y'day. Resident from date is 06/02/2007.