EB1's experience with Advanced Parole Document?

ChrisV

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

Thanks to the forum, I am nearing completion of the many files and forms for my EB1-EA application. Still waiting for two recommendation letters that should come tomorrow.

I had planned to file concurrently for the I-140 and the I-485 before the 28th, when I am leaving for a meting abroad. I realized that I can' leave the country anymore once I have filed an I-485, at least without an APD. So I will file when I am back, adding the APD request one form an already long list!

For the record: I-140 I-485 I-566 I-693 G-325A I-508 I-131 plus one related to my current citizenship...

Anyone around with experience on the time needed to get an APD? Do they put it in the process line when they receive the I-485? I have a meeting aboard where I am needed (I am co-organizing it). Is the reason good enough to get an emergency procedure locally?

Thanks!

If you haven't files your I-140 you can leave the country.
I think the current processing time is about 2-3 months for an APD. But with the current priority dates for every one, it might take a little longer.

Expect a delay, with the new applications coming in to meet the july 30 deadline. I presume that it will get a little longer this time for all the applications, for that matter even to receive a notice of action, I believe will be longer.
Rama