EB1EA and NIW: how to structure your package?

AGM6

Registered Users (C)
HI,
I would like to self-petition an EB1-EA and NIW application.
Does the UCIS provide any guidelines for submitting the application? Any format requirements, how many pages etc?
It surprises me that there seems not be an information page on their website specifiying details of the submission process.
Anybody out there, who can give specifics on how to structure the application? For example, in how much detail should I describe the research that I am doing, or the papers that resulted from previous work?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks!
This is helpful, but it still from a different field, and I guess there are several people from the biomedical research community on this forum who have written their EB1 or NIW package being in a similar situation as I am.

I have not found any good description on how my package should be formated: e.g. how long should the cover letter be? how detailed the description of my research? how long the description of academic education? etc.
I would guess that there must be format requirements by UCIS regarding this, or do they leave it up to the application how long the application is? Are they leaving it up to you if your package is 30 pages long or 60 pages?

I am thankful for any detailed advice.
Thanks!
AGM6

AGM6 said:
Hi, thanks!
This is helpful, but it still from a different field, and I guess there are several people from the biomedical research community on this forum who have written their EB1 or NIW package being in a similar situation as I am.

I have not found any good description on how my package should be formated: e.g. how long should the cover letter be? how detailed the description of my research? how long the description of academic education? etc.
I would guess that there must be format requirements by UCIS regarding this, or do they leave it up to the application how long the application is? Are they leaving it up to you if your package is 30 pages long or 60 pages?

I am thankful for any detailed advice.
Thanks!
AGM6

Hi AGM6,

As far as I know there is no limitation of pages. You can make your application as thick/big as it is needed.

Assembling your application package : Do a search on the USCIS site to get info "Tips on assembling 1-140". There is quite a bit of detail posted by USCIS. I did follow everything as far as possible and was succesful without any question being asked. With the changes in the webpage I am not sure where it is located.

Explaining Research : You should explain your research when you write about your published papers. Your references will also write about your research.

Education: I had just mentioned where I got my education. If you have some highlights during you education, you can write about it.

Cover letter could again be as long as you need to make your case clear to the officer. Some people may just write a small letter and at the same make a table of contents to list the documents. I did write a long letter (~25 pages) in order to explain what evidences I am using to fulfil the requirements for EB1. I did not leave anything for the officer to wonder what will fit where? But this is all your decision. I addressed all the criteria (applicable to me) point by point with the evidences.

You should organize you application well. It should be made easy for the officer looking at your application.

I hope this helps.

Goog luck to you.

Arydk