EB1A Denied

Sydney

Registered Users (C)
Got word from my lawyer today. EB1A filed Sep 02 with VSC was denied on Jan 10, 2005. Website dates changed on 12/02 and 01/11. The message on the website is still unchanged. Luckily H1B is valid until May 2007. But back to the drawing board. Will file a regular petition. Not sure if I will appeal or refile. Lawyer said last 6 months there have been a rash of strait denials with no RFEs.

I am very sorry to hear about your denial. I am under the EB-1 OR category. I was wondering if the "rash of denials" was specific to any single category, or is your lawyer seeing this for everyone? Also, are these concurrently filed with I-485?

Good luck with the new application. Hope this one goes through!

No RFE. Not sure if this was EB1A or OR also. Per lawyer in the 2001 - 2002 timeframe their success rate was 85% now its much lower.

My petition was concurrent. 485 was denied on the same day. Per my ealier post I have been maintaining my H1B so no major issue other than time wasted. Will start regular or PERM petition soon. The lawyer did indicate they are getting straight approvals or denials. Hard for them to clearly diffrentiate between denials and approvals. In a few instances when they did receive RFEs the cases typically got approved after the RFE response.

Goodluck to all!

Judging from the limited window on the immigration world that this forum offers, this seems to be a trend for the EA and NIW petitions. Sucks, but on the other hand it gives you a chance to regroup for your new attack on 'fort INS'.

Good Luck !

I received an RFE on my petition yesterday even though it was denied in January. Last week I received an email indicating that they were reopening the case. I never appealed or submitted a motion to reopen. Not sure what is going on. Lawyer said this is positive news. Hoping for the best. I am in the process of starting PERM through my company

Sydney said:
I received an RFE on my petition yesterday even though it was denied in January. Last week I received an email indicating that they were reopening the case. I never appealed or submitted a motion to reopen. Not sure what is going on. Lawyer said this is positive news. Hoping for the best. I am in the process of starting PERM through my company

USCIS issued a rash of denials, which Bill Yates from the operations office issued a memo to stop this. I would not be surpirsed if old cases are being revisited to make sure that they were adjucated fairly.

Hi

Sydney:

Did read your message. I am speechless! (02 to 05, that is one hell of a ride)

I am not sure about the "rash denials aspect" ........
If you have an oppurtunity you should appeal.

Personally, I think you would get your I-140 and I-485 approved real soon.
I have such situations before. This is my gut feeling.

Goodluck!

Om Namah Shivaya

Re RFE

Dear Sydney
Hard to believe your case and my case are two separate ones except PERM is a year away for me. My case was denied straight and then re opened without an appeal during the same time as yours. Now RFE has landed. Actual letter still awaited. Now million dollar question - Does it mean that they are inclined to approve? how long does it take to get a response after we submit response to RFE?

Rhtk