EB1A approved, next steps??

cherrypick

Registered Users (C)
Hello Forum,

I got my EB1A approved from TSC recently (RD: Feb 11, 2010; RFE: Mar 13, 2010; RFE response RD: April 13th, 2010, AD: May 19, 2010; self petition, no PP).

I am preparing the I485 app. now. Could someone post a link to or provide a checklist for the documents needed for I485, EAD, AP. I would also like to apply for EAD for my wife (currently on H4). I read that I485 app needs a sample letter. Could anyone provide a sample?

Any pointers, suggestions, tips, greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!

Hello Forum,

I got my EB1A approved from TSC recently (RD: Feb 11, 2010; RFE: Mar 13, 2010; RFE response RD: April 13th, 2010, AD: May 19, 2010; self petition, no PP).

I am preparing the I485 app. now. Could someone post a link to or provide a checklist for the documents needed for I485, EAD, AP. I would also like to apply for EAD for my wife (currently on H4). I read that I485 app needs a sample letter. Could anyone provide a sample?

Any pointers, suggestions, tips, greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!

Congratulations on getting the EB1 approval!

Regarding your I-485 questions: you are posting in the wrong forum.
You should ask these questions either in "Forum: General I-485 and Related Issues", http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?190-General-I-485-and-Related-Issues or in "Forum: 485 issues in Texas Service Center", http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?98-485-issues-in-Texas-Service-Center

A couple of quick comments. Regarding the documents that need to be submitted, read the intrsuctions file http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf and the instructions page, http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
They tell you everything you need to know. Of all the requirements, probably you'll have the most hassle getting the medical exam form done (particularly the immunizations part of it).

There is NO requirement to provide a cover letter with an I-485 application. If you want to provide one, that's up to you.
You may submit an application for an EAD (formorm I-765) and/or for advance parole (Form I-131) together with the I-485 application.

Hi Cherrypick, Congrats on your approval. Could you please post the credentials used, criteria claimed and the attorney details

thanks
Sathish

Hello, Can someone please help me.
I filled concurrently I-140 EB1(EA) and I-485 on April 2009. Later in summer 2009, I have also applied for I-140 NIW and my employer applied for EB1-2 (OR). Both I-140 NIW and I-140 (OR) got approved in Jan 2010. However, after RFE my I-140 EB1(EA) was denied in June 2010.

I have asked USCIS several times to tie my I-485 to the approval I-140 (NIW). Please help me how can I tie my I-485 to the the present approved I-140. Do they also deny my I-485 too? What would be the best next step for me?

I really appreciate your assistance.

Jala, did you check the status of your 485? Does it say processing? If so, it means they linked it-I think they would have sent you a letter indicating that it was denied. Please keep us updated.

Hello, Can someone please help me.
I filled concurrently I-140 EB1(EA) and I-485 on April 2009. Later in summer 2009, I have also applied for I-140 NIW and my employer applied for EB1-2 (OR). Both I-140 NIW and I-140 (OR) got approved in Jan 2010. However, after RFE my I-140 EB1(EA) was denied in June 2010.

I have asked USCIS several times to tie my I-485 to the approval I-140 (NIW). Please help me how can I tie my I-485 to the the present approved I-140. Do they also deny my I-485 too? What would be the best next step for me?

How exactly did you ask USCIS to substitute the I-140 linked to your I-485 application? If you did that by phone, that's basically useless.
You should do that in writing, using the address specified on your I-485 receipt notice. Attach a copy of the I-485 receipt notice and a copy of the approved I-140 that you now want to be linked to your I-485. Also, attach a cover letter explaining what you are requesting to be done.

By the way, do I understand your post correctly that you now have two approved I-140s, EB-2(NIW) and EB-1(OR)? Note that if you are from India or China, then EB-2 is not current at the moment. However, EB-1 is current for all countries. So, if you are from China or India, do not ask USCIS to use the approved EB-2(NIW) I-140, but ask them instead to use the EB-1(OR) I-140.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have asked USCIS both by phone and also writing (I have sent them three letters asking to link my I-485 to my approved I-140 NIW before I got denied on my I-140 EA. My I-140 NIW is current since I am not from India nor China.
so far, I have received only a rather general response to one of my writings ( I guess it is a response to my letter not to my phone conversation) that my I-485 and my I-140 is under consideration. That's all. And it was before I got denied on my I-140 EA. I guess by I-140 they meant I-140 EA since my other two I-140 NIW and OR were already approved.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have asked USCIS both by phone and also writing (I have sent them three letters asking to link my I-485 to my approved I-140 NIW before I got denied on my I-140 EA. My I-140 NIW is current since I am not from India nor China.
so far, I have received only a rather general response to one of my writings ( I guess it is a response to my letter not to my phone conversation) that my I-485 and my I-140 is under consideration. That's all. And it was before I got denied on my I-140 EA. I guess by I-140 they meant I-140 EA since my other two I-140 NIW and OR were already approved.

Hmm. Try scheduling an INFOPASS appointment.

Believe me, I have already tried the info-pass last month in May. Unfortunately, it didn't help me at all. The officer at info-pass was not knowledgeable and was not well informed about the USCIS rules. He surprized at how I concurrently filed I-485 and I-140 together. He said it is illigal and consider your I-485 as denied. It took me 10 min or so to show him that my filing is totally possible. Anyhow, he finally said you should wait for a response to your applications. That's all. It seems my case got really complicated at USCIS for some unknown reasons to me.

Believe me, I have already tried the info-pass last month in May. Unfortunately, it didn't help me at all. The officer at info-pass was not knowledgeable and was not well informed about the USCIS rules. He surprized at how I concurrently filed I-485 and I-140 together. He said it is illigal and consider your I-485 as denied. It took me 10 min or so to show him that my filing is totally possible. Anyhow, he finally said you should wait for a response to your applications. That's all. It seems my case got really complicated at USCIS for some unknown reasons to me.

A fairly shocking level of incompetence from the IO at the INFOPASS appointment, but, unfortunately, not very surprising in dealing with the USCIS.
Since other approaches did not work, I suggest that you contact your congressional representatives: the member of the U.S. House of Representatives for your area and the two U.S. Senators for your state. Members of Congress have staffers specializing in dealing with immigration inquiries and such inquiries are a part of the constituent services. USCIS tends to respond quicker and much more honestly and substantively to congressional inquiries than to inquiries from the applicants themselves. When my green card application was stuck (that was about 8 years ago), things only got moving after I contacted our U.S. Senator and his office submitted an inquiry to INS. Also, at the naturalization stage, I was only able to get substantive (as opposed to formulaic) information about the status of my case via congressional inquiries.