Eb1

kku

Registered Users (C)
Helllo Forum members,

I know most of the guys who filed in EB1 catrgory have their I-485 stuck now with whatever happened in June. Fair or unfair..I don't know. Obviously some benefited at the cost of others. They had absolutely no reservations for this category. Anyway, I am starting this thread for people who have their approved EB1-1140's and now on the waiting list for I-485 since last year or before and see when they start getting approvals (TSC 0r Neb). Of course any member can contribute/write if they want to.

Thanks
KKu

filed in 06

EB1B (NSC)
I-140/485 RD: Nov 06
I-140/485 ND: Jan 07
I-140 AD: May 07

Was hoping for Aug/Sep 07 approval, but now...

I guess he/she means 7% Visa numbers are usually res for EB1 like EB2 and 3. and as EB1 was current till june end it is un believeable that all EB1 numbers are exosted on July 2. They might have been used some where (for our old friends waiting for a long time which I can understand :D )and so no numbers availablefor EB1. Just my guess.

Here are my details
EB1OR
I-140 and 485 applied 09/06 (NSC)
I-140 AD 03/07
I-485 RFE 03/07
RFE replied 04/07

Was expecting final decision in June/July. Now I guess will hear in October.

What do you mean by that comment?

Please see my signature. I called TSC several times. Finally a lady IO said yesterday that our background check is pending. Do not know whether that's correct or not as I read in some other post people get contradictary answers from the IOs and Infopass.

As every visa bulletin states, 28.6% is reserved annually for EB1, and cannot be given to others. Then, the 7% per country rules, no more than 10% each month and 27% each in the first three quarters rules apply. I don't think CIS could have switched categories. Possibly, they were just moving too slowly on 140s (and outstanding and concurrently filed 485s) and in June actually had enough applicants accumulated to fill up the numbers. DoS might have underestimated their backlog while keeping the EB1 categories current and many not have known about the outstanding applications, as they don't know about 140s, and come into the picture only for the 485s.

EB1 and EB2-ROW got screwed up because of USCIS action.....unless they approve all of us before OCT, which means nobody will be waiting..

Does getting EAD/I-765 mean that we are through with name check process? Generally after getting I-765 how long does it take for approval of I-485. And the last question: these 60,000 visa number which were apparently used - does obtaining EAD mean that we have been issues one of those 60,000 ??

Does getting EAD/I-765 mean that we are through with name check process? Generally after getting I-765 how long does it take for approval of I-485. And the last question: these 60,000 visa number which were apparently used - does obtaining EAD mean that we have been issues one of those 60,000 ??
no EAD has nothing to do with name check

485 approval and getting GC is dependent on name check

Huh? How do you know that EB2-ROW and EB-1 got screwed up? Any non-speculative evidence?
isnt it obvious that EB1-ROW has never been retrogressed but now it is unavailable........where did they get the demand from

same rule to EB1 all countries.....EB2-ROW was also current. but they made it unavailable.

only way it is possible is they gave away the visas from these categories to other countries/categories...........which is against the rule they should be working with

isnt it obvious that EB1-ROW has never been retrogressed but now it is unavailable........where did they get the demand from

same rule to EB1 all countries.....EB2-ROW was also current. but they made it unavailable.

only way it is possible is they gave away the visas from these categories to other countries/categories...........which is against the rule they should be working with

Yes, that's my question too. What I read in the forum that there is a percentage restricted for each category, so how come EB1 becomes unavailable since it was current for more than a year?

I called TSC last week. The IO said they have not started looking at '07 cases and those are pending for name-check. May be she meant cases from India and china as I know people from other countries getting their I-485 approved. She asked us to call back after 6 months :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending

EB1-OR
Concurrent 140 & 485/regular: Sept'06
140 Approved: Apr'07
485 Pending... NO LUDs since Oct '06:confused:
Twice told "background check pending"
@ NSC