EB1-OR Transferred from CSC to TSC on 3/21, but No Transfer Notice from TSC or LUD?

mysarah said:
Hi Eb1doc, it looks for me you are one of few experts and helpful for many of us. I realy need your input in that issue.

Today I got my second I140 aroved. As you know I now I have two approved I 140 EB1 OR (filed by employer) and EB1 EA (filed by me). My employer will file I458 for me can I file another 485 at the same time for my own in case something unexpected happened in the future. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
congratulations for both approvals!!!
well, It was discussed recently whether we can file two I-485.
my stand was no!
you shd file with one of them!
even if anything goes wrong with one it won't be because of any I-140 petition it will be I-485...whcih can be happen anytime!!! use prior PD case and go for it!!

Thanks for you’re always helpful

:) Thanks for you’re always helpful and the fast response, The company already started the 485 and may be filed within 1-2 week. What I meant by something wrong is if any issue related to the company such as the company sold, lay off or anything what would be the situation at that time. Do I need to cancel mine or should I keep and if so let us say anything happened with the company can I file I485 at that time or should I join another employer first is how long after my I140 approved do I still able to file 485. :) :) :)

In case you are on the web please check my previous issues

eb1doc said:
congratulations for both approvals!!!
well, It was discussed recently whether we can file two I-485.
my stand was no!
you shd file with one of them!
even if anything goes wrong with one it won't be because of any I-140 petition it will be I-485...whcih can be happen anytime!!! use prior PD case and go for it!!

mysarah said:
:) Thanks for you’re always helpful and the fast response, The company already started the 485 and may be filed within 1-2 week. What I meant by something wrong is if any issue related to the company such as the company sold, lay off or anything what would be the situation at that time. Do I need to cancel mine or should I keep and if so let us say anything happened with the company can I file I485 at that time or should I join another employer first is how long after my I140 approved do I still able to file 485. :) :) :)

for I-485 company is not petitioner its you!
if your company is filling that means company is just paying!
nothing will happen even if company goes wrong!
if you want to play safe cuple I-485 with EA which is urself petitioned I-140
tell company to give you money...an dyou can handle that

More clarification needed (Thanks)

I think the attorney aid she is filing for the company on my behalf, this application will also include EAD and AP and will be also sponsored by the company, I am not sure if I completely understand that “nothing will happen even if company goes wrong!
tell company to give you money...an dyou can handle that” sorry I do have very little information about the whole process. MaNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY THanks
:) :) :)

mysarah said:
I think the attorney aid she is filing for the company on my behalf, this application will also include EAD and AP and will be also sponsored by the company, I am not sure if I completely understand that “nothing will happen even if company goes wrong!
tell company to give you money...an dyou can handle that” sorry I do have very little information about the whole process. MaNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY THanks
:) :) :)

Thast o.k
what i am trying to say is that compnay file petition for immigration which is I-140 . I -485 is adjustment of status whcih is essentially ur petition. normally company don't pay for that............ur company is paying which is good....but by any chance if anything goes wrong with comapny or ur job...........u r unaffected you can take another job and still enjoy benefits os I-485............as now as long as ur I-485 is pending you are under adjustment fo status ...as long as u are doing simialr kinda job!!!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, mysarah!

I knew you would get an approval shortly! And I am very happy for you.

As to your idea of filing two I-485, I second eb1doc's view, except that the terms "application and applicant" should be used in place of "petition and petitioner," since there is no petition involved at the I-485 stage.

Michael
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I-140 EB1-OR CSC RD 11/04/05 ND 11/09/05
LUD (Transfer Notice) 03/22/06 (Transferred to TSC 3/21/06)
LUD (Receipt Notice) 5/17/06 (Received by TSC 3/29/06)
LUD (Approval) 5/18/06

More questions (Thanks)

eb1doc said:
Thast o.k
what i am trying to say is that compnay file petition for immigration which is I-140 . I -485 is adjustment of status whcih is essentially ur petition. normally company don't pay for that............ur company is paying which is good....but by any chance if anything goes wrong with comapny or ur job...........u r unaffected you can take another job and still enjoy benefits os I-485............as now as long as ur I-485 is pending you are under adjustment fo status ...as long as u are doing simialr kinda job!!!!

Thanks very much does this mean if I switched jobs (I am not planning to do) I do not need to apply for another 485 or the company can not revoke my whole application i140 and 485. Is there any specific time window after i140 EA (filed by me) approval to apply for 485 in case I switched jobs and apply for my 485 with new employee, I still have ~ 1 year H1b. Sorry again for my several questions
Thanks

Thanks very much and few more questions

michaelhryu said:

As to your idea of filing two I-485, I second eb1doc's view, except that the terms "application and applicant" should be used in place of "petition and petitioner," since there is no petition involved at the I-485 stage.

Michael
LUD (Approval) 5/18/06
Thanks Michel very much for your kind greeting I am very happy for you approval too. As I told eb1doc, I am really do have very little information about the whole process that is what I am asking several questions all the information I know gained from this sites mainly form good people like you and eb1doc. I am just trying to make sure I know some information in case if anything went wrong. By the way do I have the right to ask the company for copy of the I140 approval notice and 485, EAD receipt notice later on and how long it take for 485 approval usually if everything goes well.
Thanks

michaelhryu said:

Michael
LUD (Approval) 5/18/06

I agree...may be i need some sleep now!

mysarah said:
Thanks Michel very much for your kind greeting I am very happy for you approval too. As I told eb1doc, I am really do have very little information about the whole process that is what I am asking several questions all the information I know gained from this sites mainly form good people like you and eb1doc. I am just trying to make sure I know some information in case if anything went wrong. By the way do I have the right to ask the company for copy of the I140 approval notice and 485, EAD receipt notice later on and how long it take for 485 approval usually if everything goes well.
Thanks

yes u have full right to ask both for ur records especially I485!