EB1-OR suggestions

dnastar

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks

Based on what I read in this forum and my personal experience I have a few suggestions.

1. In most cases EB1-OR is filed by the University (some cases by private industries). In cases filed by University, there is an international advisor assigned to do this duty (not a lawyer or even a paralegal). When asked for an option on whether a private attorney needs to be consulted, please go for it. In most cases the covering letter is confusingly presented. Most of these international advisors follow protocols that will definitely lead to RFE or denial. In certain cases they add in paranthesis terms like non-tenure track which are a big distraction. No job in this country is permanent and anyone can be fired for a poor performance. But words like that can be avoided.

2. An experienced attorney might not guarantee an approval, but will go a long way in assisting the application. There is always an enticement of free work done by the University advisors but too often it results in problems. EB1-OR category is very objective and for faculty members with good publication record, this should not be a problem, unless a goofy covering letter describing more about the achievements of the university, the city and county are preferred over the achievements of the individual.

Thanks

dnastar.

This is true.

I totally agree with what you just said dnastar. From my personal experience, folks at USCIS are looking for reasons to issue a RFE. By providing a poorly drafted petition, the possibilities of getting weird RFEs is much higher. The more loosely coupled evidence you provide, USCIS adjudicaters get a better opportunity to question that.
Some of us got very general RFEs, but by looking at some posts, it appears that the petition has serious flaws in the presentation.
As dnastar mentioned, please try to consult an experienced attorney. Its worth it !