Eb1-or rfe

shankyyy

Registered Users (C)
I got CRIS email just now requesting further evidence. Given the fact that my lawyer did not have time to write a decent petition letter, I am not surprised. Hopefully, the RFE is easier to address.
- I have read reports that nowadays we get only 30 days to reply. Is this from the date they send the RFE (Jan 13) or from the date the lawyer receives it? I suspect it would take about a week for the lawyer to receive it.
- Is it better that I prepare the petition letter and hand it over to the attorney for him to make modifications or just let him write it again? People who responded to EB1B RFE - please share your experience.
- I plan on getting 3-5 more reference letters, try to address atleast two criteria thoroughly and not worry about the rest. What else can I provide? Any thoughts?Please share your experience.

I know I have not seen the actual requirements of what is being asked but I won't be surprised if I am asked to prove each criteria sufficiently as there was no explanation done in the original petition.
Thanks

Currently, you must submit the RFE reqursted information with 42 days from the date of USCIS' RFE letter. Failure to do so with in 42 days will result in denial of your petition.

Some RFE questions may be difficult, youn should work with your layer,and it should part of his job.

For typical RFE questions, see http://www.greencardapply.com/rfe/rfe_questions.htm

thanks. Is it a rule that one is given only 42 days? As of today, the lawyer did not receive the letter; the CRIS mail says RFE was sent on Jan 13, 2009. Hopefully, we get it by this weekend; else we lose two weeks. BTW, did you apply for EB1-OR?..RFE?approved?status?

I had only 35 days

When I got RFE for EB1-EA (now approved), I had only 35 days from the date RFE was mailed (about the same when you get the CRIS email). I got the letter in mail about 10-15 days later (don't remember exactly), so I had actually 20-25 days to respond. So, get onto it right away. All the best.

Scopus a/c

Does any of you have access to scopus that you could share with me? I need to find out my citations throuhg that as well in addition of web of science. I work near Ohio State Univ but OSU library does not have Scopus only web of science. Please pm me the relevant details. Thanks in advance.

Use Google Scholar

Use google scholar, it is free and gives you citations close to what the others give (web of science, scopus etc)

Sulpha

thanks. i use google scholar as well as web of science. interestingly, scopus gives a new citation for me that the other two did not pick up. since i don't have access to scopus, i cannot get complete details of the citation.

also, can anyone tell me how to find out the average number of publications for doctoral student/post doc, and for someone who has about 5 yrs experience post PhD. Since i have only about 10-15 papers and about 20 presentations, i am trying to get prepared in case i am asked to prove the 'publications' criteria. i remember an old post (2-3 yrs back) here in this forum where one had found this information (and used it successfully) through some report but i could not locate it anywhere online. any info would be useful

btw, i still have not received the RFE in hand..two weeks and counting

Last edited by a moderator:
Scopus usually provides a one month free trial per email address. Thats what I did. Good luck with your RFE.

that's what even i thought. but looks like their free trial is over. the link does not work! thanks, anyway.

Hi shankyyy,
I made a pie-chart of country wise citations that showed that my work is being accepted throughout the World. Also as mentioned in my other post, try to get letters from people who cited your work.
Good luck