EB1-OR pending since March, 2002

hz123

Registered Users (C)
My EB1-OR (I-140)is pending for over 440 days since we submited it in early March, 2002. So far there is no any response from VSC. My lawer called VSC three times but it seems it didn't help at all. I am wondering how many EB1-OR filed around March, April 2002 are still wandering in the middle of nowhere? Please response to this thread if you are in the same situation. Thank you.

I-140: March, 2002.
I-485: September, 2002.
Fingerprint done in November, 2002.
No REF.

Should I apply other categories of I-140 now or keep despartely waiting for another xxx days?? Please give your advise.

What u mean that your lawey called three times but didn't help. What response you got?

Originally posted by hz123
My EB1-OR (I-140)is pending for over 440 days since we submited it in early March, 2002. So far there is no any response from VSC. My lawer called VSC three times but it seems it didn't help at all. I am wondering how many EB1-OR filed around March, April 2002 are still wandering in the middle of nowhere? Please response to this thread if you are in the same situation. Thank you.

I-140: March, 2002.
I-485: September, 2002.
No REF.

Should I apply other categories of I-140 now or keep despartely waiting for another xxx days?? Please give your advise.

re

It means it didn't help to process my case which is far out of the projected 60-180 or 30-360 days time frame. My lawyer first called IIS officer in January this year and the answer is the case is being processed via the normal channel (speed? I wonder).

Contact the IIO yourself

Sorry to hear about your long wait! Why don't you contact the IIO directly and try to talk to them directly... .. You can get an idea when your application will be taken up for processing...... If they still insist that only the petitioner or attorney should contact them, then ask either one of them to contact the BCIS and enquire.... How many years/days is left on your H1?????

Be sure that you have reveived your Receipt no( I mean EAC02 133*****).
Sometimes It happens lawyer forget to submit the details. I am sure that VSC is now working May 2002 cases, So talk to your lawyer. You should get it,If Not Atleast They will send RFE. Be sure that if is longer you will get RFE. Don't worry for that but have good rappo with your lawyer. GOOD LUCK.

receipt

The receipt no is eac02126xxxxx. I don't believe VSC has cleared all March, April cases on EB12 cases. I even doubt there are many March/April filers got processed so far.

I think you are quite right, I knew one of my friends had the same situation as you did, his ND is April 2002, nothing happened yet, (no RFE). But he has been holding J-1 when he filed just changed to H1 last month. I presume his J1 status may influence his case procedure since the BCIS try to trace every single F1 and J1 holder. Good luck.

EB1 OR no news

There has to be a way to make a formal inquiry with the VSC regarding your case.

My EB1 (OR category) RD is 5/29/02 EAC 02201..... No word

The stress factor comes in when you're uncertain about your job security and a pending I-140!!!

I talk to some of friends who have obtained GC thorugh this category in the mid 90's and their I-140 approved in 30 days and 485 in 60 days. Whole thing was done in 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My EB1-OR has a RD of Feb. 28 2002. Month and a half ago my lawyer talked to them and they said they are going to or they are already working on it. No news since then.

Hi hz123, any news for your case?

I have a similar case (EB12):
I-140: April, 2002.
I-485: October, 2002.
No REF.

Never heard anything from VSC. Called up VSC once and they refused to answer any question by saying that they can only release info to my laywer or employer. I tried to push my laywer to request the status of my case and I think they never did ;-( (company contract laywers). Instead, they came back and say that VSC might process my case as one-step case, meaning they process I485 directly and therefore you'll never get approval notice of I140. The only thing I can do is wait till next year! Any one ever heard of such a theory?

HI

here are a few things that can be done.(rather the things I have done). My 2 cents.

1)
Walk into ur local BCIS office and at the information counter select the applications check box for 140, 765, ead ap etc in the form that the give you and ask the person to give you the status . this way you will get to know if an officer has been assigned to ur case or if the file is missing or has moved for whatever reasons or any pending sec. check etc.

2) ask your attonery to start an AILA Liason process where one attorney from your side talks to a BCIS officer on a regular schedule regarding your case only. If an officer has been assigned to your case the BCIS will ask your lawyer to file a written inquiry for which the BCIS has to give a written reply within 3 -4 weeks. This is the current state I am in as this is my 4th week.(hope they do not send me the online message in the written reply. Then BAD LUCK KHARAAB HAI)

If the officer has not yet been assigned to your case either an officer is assigned then or atleast they have to give your lawyer the actual reason.

P.S: I am not a lawyer and am currently working on I140 waiting for almost 400 days at NSC EB2.

I haven't heard any news (good or bad ) regarding my frozen case. I hope the following statement I heard from this board are not true:

1. The EB1 processing is random, regardless of the ND.
2. The new processing frame will be 54 months instead of 12, soon.
3. The more you call, the more unlikely your case will be processed.

Is it necessary to apply for a self-petitioning EB11,13 in another service center considering the likelihood that the pending case will never be touched for whatever reason??

Originally posted by haras
Hi hz123, any news for your case?

I have a similar case (EB12):
I-140: April, 2002.
I-485: October, 2002.
No REF.

any news on EB1 approvals for those waiting since march-may???
its over 415days for me and no word atall? does anyone have idea if BCIS will process 140/485 together for concurrent fillers? thats scary thought though

pl share your views
thanks

approved case with ND in August

My coworker got her I140 approved on 7/6/03. E12-OR Concurrent filing with I140 ND in middle August, 2002.

ya, the VSC processing time??? frustrating, my ND for EB1OR is may and no news yet, also few people here are waiting since april, I think that processing time is just a bad joke, looks like they are doing random processing which is not fair.