Eb1 Or Nsc Approved

nerf

Registered Users (C)
Thanks for the help from good_y, eb1doc, and many many others during the RFE.

I hope the following information is helpful for those of you who are waiting.

RD 05/17/2006
LUD 07/22/2006 08/12/2006
PREMIUM PROCESSING UPGRADE 09/28/2006
RFE 10/17/2006
RFE RESPONSE SENT 01/05/2007
AD 01/09/2007

background:
PhD in engineering discipline
working for a company
9 papers in top journals/conferences, but they are new and with few
citations
9 letters for original petition (one NAE member)
8 letters for RFE (one NAE member)

Congrats!

nerf said:

RD 05/17/2006
RFE 10/17/2006
AD 01/09/2007

background:
working for a company
citations

It is good to see that approvals are coming out of NSC after PP.
good luck.

Congrats

Congrats nerf. Did you get LUD's on 8th Jan or just got approved without any LUD's. I sent mine on 4th Jan and got LUD's on 5th for received RFE and on yesterday. None today.

Also, did you use a lawyer for your RFE.

Congrats again.

dnastar said:
Congrats nerf. Did you get LUD's on 8th Jan or just got approved without any LUD's. I sent mine on 4th Jan and got LUD's on 5th for received RFE and on yesterday. None today.

Congrats again.

Yes there were LUDs on 01/08/2007 when (I believe) the response was received, and on 01/09/2007 when the case was handled (before I could see the approval email).

Good luck! :cool:

dnastar said:

Congrats again.

I think a GOOD lawyer is needed for analyzing the case for you. After he figures out what is wanted by USCIS, you should be able to handle the rest. I think, in general, we are as experienced as lawyers after writing so many reference letters.

nerf said:

RD 05/17/2006
RFE 10/17/2006
AD 01/09/2007

background:
working for a company
citations

Congratulations!!!!!

Congrats Nerf!
Since I am about to file my EB1-OR, could you please tell me what RFE you had on your case.

Tx,
KKU

nerf said:

RD 05/17/2006
RFE 10/17/2006
AD 01/09/2007

background:
working for a company
citations

Eb1-or

Thanks Nerf...for your link.
So now since you are successful what will you suggest or advice as to what you did in answering those outlined questions.
any tip will be helpful.

Thanks much

KKU

Eb1-or

Nerf,
If you happen to visit this website again, could you give us any tips for success in EB1-OR case.
Tx
KKU

kku said:
Nerf,
If you happen to visit this website again, could you give us any tips for success in EB1-OR case.
Tx
KKU

I certainly would like to, as other nice guys in this forum did here: they chose to provide their opinions to others and that can be very helpful. But the problem is, given the enormous variance in NSC's handling of different EB1 cases (as we have seen here), it is hard to provide any panacea that saves everybody.

Since I lucked out anyway, I will try to provide my experience to all other petitioners here and hope it helps:

First you MUST read the I-140 EB1-OR criteria really really well. When I first went into this, I did not really know what constitutes a sound evidence for the case. For example, you MUST be able to tell the difference between
(1) a publication, and (2) a publication indicating you are outstanding researcher with international recognition

To achieve this, I suggest you read the article of "Current Trends In EB-1-2 Outstanding Researcher Cases". One version of it is available at http://www.millermayer.com/new/eb1_2.html. That article is suggested by many other people in this forum. The article handles the most difficult cases--those who go to AAO, where the criteria are most accurately and strictly evaluated. The discussion is accurate.

If you think you can survive from the discussion in the above article, congratulations. I think you are truly outstanding and deserve a quick approval. And you do not have to read what follows. The principle behind this is that: a truly outstanding researcher should be able to collect and present AMPLE/OVERWELMING amount of evidences to USCIS in minutes. If you can do that, NSC will embrace you for sure. Yes they are naughty and harsh, but I think their behavior is CONSISTENT, even though it is consistently harsh.

By the way, I consulted two of the authors personally for suggestions on RFE. I think they are good (although I do not take the responsibility to recommend them to anyone).

The next big thing is luck: you must hope that the NSC guy has a good day when he/she touches your case. Seriously. This does not mean that he will approve your case immediately, but that he will spend some time on it and (perhaps) say to himself: hmm, this guy deserves a second chance, and I SHALL GIVE HIM SOME CLUE. Then beside the generic rfe he gives, he will detailize on the ones that he thinks will help you most. This happened to me fortunately. A couple of sentences behind each generic criterion should give you plenty of clues to work on.

Based on the RFE, you MUST find out what exactly USCIS wants. For example in my case, the RFE has 8 or 9 comments on how the evidences should be. Only then can you construct your response.

Please understand that, the RFE response is NOT a supplement on your initial petition. It is almost an entirely new petition, just that USCIS has given you somes clues about what they think are qualified evidences. Unfortunately at this time, you probably have already exhausted all your resource: all references are used in initial petition but their comments are ignored, and it is embarrassing to ask them again to yet another damn reference letter. But you have got to move on and be aggressive and get more references with the same quality letters. You will probably end up spending the same amount of time on RFE response than on your petition letter, maybe a little less. You are more familiar with everything but your workload is pretty much the same. IT IS A NEW PETITION.

On my impression on NSC: as I said before, they are consistently bad, but they seem to be consistent. For example, when I read the 8 or 9 additional evidences they listed in RFE, I did go back into every letter in initial petition trying to find them. They were simply not there. I did not feed USCIS what they want, and a RFE is the only choice for me.

Finally I have to repeat that there is big variance in NSC processing, despite all that I said above. Your case may be a very strong one, but it simply does not go well. You may have a marginal case as I do, and you luck out. On the random nature of NSC, nothing can be done.

Nerf:

Thanks very much for your suggestions on the RFE.

Can you please explain what was asked in your RFE specifically (I think you mention this in another post in another thread - so no need to repeat if so) and what are the extra evidence you provided -
(a) if you got just more letters from different researchers than those who wrote the first time around,
(b) if you got different targeted letters again from people who already wrote the original letters
(c) if you focused specifically on letters from authors who had cited your work and only focused on discussing the work they cited.
(d) prizes/awards
(e) any other evidence you submitted

It would be very useful for many to map your case to theirs and act accordingly so that their success rate is improved.

Thanks.

Eb1-or

hey Nerf,
Thanks much for a detailed reply and so much information. I see you online currently and I will aoppreciate if you could give us some more time and educate us what additional proves you supplied for your RFE's...as asked by someone earlier too.

Thanks again,

KKU

It will indeed help us.

Nerf, did you receive the actual approval? How long did it take for you to receive the actual approval notice in mail?

EBI-0r

Nerf,
could you please answer the above questions..if you are online.
and also how did you address your RFE's....what additional info you provided in them.

Tx,
KKu