Eb1-or, I-140, Tsc, Approved :)

its actually for my spouse (i have an EB3 approved I-140, 2005, pretty useless..)

around 9-10 publications
8-9 ref letters
10-15 presentations
2-3 travel grants
no books, not major awards, no patents

10 years experience including Phd

techy2468 said:
its actually for my spouse (i have an EB3 approved I-140, 2005, pretty useless..)

around 9-10 publications
8-9 ref letters
10-15 presentations
2-3 travel grants
no books, not major awards, no patents

10 years experience including Phd

Cool dude!!! I get encouragement from your spouse case.

Well TSC is fast too bad its only for I-140s......I think all the I-485s go to NSC regardless of your status or filing category....I think so at least according to my lawyer. So even if the I-140 gets approved at TSC we still get to go via the NSC some or the other time...LOL.

forget about the center for 485.....just pray that your name check clears in less than 2 years..........right now that is the killer

Does everybody have to go through name check? I have heard about the horror stories about the name check too.....god looks like the stress never ends. People worry about their I-140s then 485s and dont realize its still not over....lol.....its like an energizer friggin battery this GC process.....goes on and on and on.....

Name check nightmare

Yes, everyone goes through name check. However, I have noticed that EB1 folks have consistently cleared the 485 stage in 2 - 5 months. Worst case has been 8 months.

So, I guess we could be optimistic. Also, I was told, if your I140 was processed in TSC, even 485 will be processed there.

--------------

EB1 - Multinational Manager
I140 / TSC / RD - 06/29 AD 08/22
I485/AP/ EAD / TSC - Sept.

EB1India said:
Yes, everyone goes through name check. However, I have noticed that EB1 folks have consistently cleared the 485 stage in 2 - 5 months. Worst case has been 8 months.

So, I guess we could be optimistic. Also, I was told, if your I140 was processed in TSC, even 485 will be processed there.

--------------

EB1 - Multinational Manager
I140 / TSC / RD - 06/29 AD 08/22
I485/AP/ EAD / TSC - Sept.

Most of us filed in late 2004 at NSC almost took 1.2-1.5 years!!(track NSceb1 thread)..may be TSC is relatively faster!!!

Namecheck is an egalitarian process!! doesnt really differentiate between service centers or categories. I am waiting almost for a year now.

Also regarding the I-485.....I dont think it matters where your I-140 was approved it will still go to NSC. According to my lawyer all 485s no matter where you have gotten your 140 approved will now be processed by NSC......any changes to this or is this wrong please correct me anyone.

kulbikr said:
Also regarding the I-485.....I dont think it matters where your I-140 was approved it will still go to NSC. According to my lawyer all 485s no matter where you have gotten your 140 approved will now be processed by NSC......any changes to this or is this wrong please correct me anyone.
Wrong.
I-485 should be sent to NSC. But it will be processed either at TSC or at NSC.

kulbikr

Your lawyer seems to give lot of wrong info. He/she was definitely wrong about all I-140 going to TSC. also here's somebody else whose I-485 is being processed at TSC. I think, these info are misleading. So please stop saying the same thing in your every post.
Thanks.

kulbikr said:

techy2468 said:
RD Jun 05, 2006
AD Sep 14, 2006

Tech2468...Congratulations. If this is a OR applicaiton is your spose's employer an educational institution or a private company. Thanks for your response.

For everyone else....Does EB1-OR application approval depend on the company reputation? I guess it might to some extent but wondering if I work for a small company with 30-40 employees and if its venture backed - do I stand a chance? Company have several patents and is working on a product based on those patents; most of employees are in R&D. {My crendials: PhD, 2 masters, 16 refereed papers, 12 conf presentations, 12 years experience (including Phd), a few fellowship awards, can get 10-12 letters from profs/senior researchers}. Do I have chances for OR with my and new companies crendentials. I would really appreciate any input/advice. Thanks a lot.

nk2006...

do you mean you have 16 publications???.....how many first author??

are you part of patents??

my spouse is working in health sceince research....in a education institute.....i am not sure how much weightage it carries...

I think there is no harm in trying in EB1-OR unless you are from a non-retrogressed country....

you will usually get the decision in 3-4 months.......but it takes a lot of time to get the recos