EB1-OR finally approved

hz123

Registered Users (C)
Just now I checked my online status and found my case was approved today. It is like a magic since I checked it earlier in the morning and it was not updated. I would thank you all for all the valuable information. Believe me, your turn is absolutely coming, so keep your fingers crossed.

EB1-2
I-140 ND March, 6, 2002
I-485 ND Sepember, 2002
Fingerprint done November, 2002.
No REF

Patience ....

You must be really relieved - CONGRATS - especially when processing time report says they are now processing 5/20/02 cases and yours was way back in March!!

congratulations. did you call BCIS?
atleast something is moving and others can hope too

ND may2002, still waiting

shobhana

Thank u guys. I did call two times. And my lawyer also called and I think it made difference. Hope you get it approved soon.

Originally posted by skusa
congratulations. did you call BCIS?
atleast something is moving and others can hope too

ND may2002, still waiting

shobhana

Congrats

Hi HZ123

I am also sailing in the same sea but your boat at last reached the shore. I am still wandering around. Mine is also EB1 - Outstanding Research Category but still not approved.
My ND is March 2 2002 and yours is March 6 2002. I think
the guy who looked into our case really beat us to the bush and
created history. (mine is now abou 500+ days). Let me hope
the person approves sooner.

My I-485 is also in Sep 2002 and got my EAD and AP approved
in Dec 2002.

But no finger printing so far.

Did you go from J1 to H1 and then applied for GC or you directly
applied from J1?

Let us hope at least I-485 gets approved along with the crowd.

Thanks for sharing your info to all of us..

Best of luck
- Sekar, Boston

Hi Sekar,
did you call? my ND is may17th and I called last week and the lady told me its taking 14months so wait till july 17th. but looking at you guys experiance its scary? Even I was on J1 when applied for GC and just few months back changed to H1b. But I donot think thats any issue.
Please update any approvals for looooong waiting EB1-OR
thanks

Hi SKusa

I never called BCIS but only my attorney calls and it seems he applied for the attorney liaison last month. Looks it will take
about 4 weeks to get a reply. As I see an approval on July 11th
for March 6 2002 case, I can wait for a couple of weeks to see
if there is any progress in my case (ND - March 2 2002).

Lots of ifs & buts.

Thanks for the reply and I will update if there are any.

-Sekar, Boston

curious

Does anyone know approx. how many people apply under EB1-OR category EACH YEAR IN VERMONT CENTER?

colormix
--------------------
EB1_OR
RD: Dec 9, 2002
ND: Jan 8, 2003
AD:?
FP: Feb 8, 2003

Mine (EB1-OR) has been approved on 7/31/03. Just received a copy of approval notice from my lawyer. It's a lengthy 15-month process (ND 4/4/02)

Originally posted by haras
Mine (EB1-OR) has been approved on 7/31/03. Just received a copy of approval notice from my lawyer. It's a lengthy 15-month process (ND 4/4/02)

Hey guys,
It looks like now they are going back to cases overlooked before
(March 6, April 4, 2002). Did you guys have to do the "special registration")?
I am an EB1-OR (or E12 I think). I-140 ND is May 31st, 2002.

+436 days Club and waiting.

Good luck to all.

no. of EB1 - OR applicants

Hi

The number of EB1 - Outstanding Researchers could well be
below 3 % of the total applicants. This is an educative guess from a data I encountered a few months back. The data says roughly about 7 % of foreign H1 visa holders hold a Ph.D degree. If this is so I assume roughly about 40 - 50 % apply through EB1 - OR category. Out of every 100 applicants probably around 3 apply
through EB1 OR category. If anybody has any solid proof it will be good to share.

Sekar
Boston