EB1-OR at NSC approved!

ppopp

Registered Users (C)
I called the AVM last night, and apparently my EB1-OR petition at NSC has been approved. My receipt date was 3.14.2002 and the approval date was 10.15.2002. Looks like EB1s are moving at NSC again!

So great news for EB1s. Hope NSC will prove more EB1s.

Originally posted by ppopp
I called the AVM last night, and apparently my EB1-OR petition at NSC has been approved. My receipt date was 3.14.2002 and the approval date was 10.15.2002. Looks like EB1s are moving at NSC again!

my qualifications

For those of you that asked, here are the details of my petition:

Receipt date: 3.14.2002
Approval date: 10.15.2002

I only know of the approval from the AVM. The INS case status website hasn't been updated yet (it's been almost a week), and as far as I know, the university hasn't received the approval notice. I am a research scientist for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, but I'm officially employed by a joint research institute at the University of Colorado. The group I work in conducts airborn measurements of trace atmospheric gases on NASA high-altitude research aircraft. Most of my work in the past three years has focused on the study of stratospheric ozone loss in the Arctic and climate change. I think that being able to throw around phrases like "ozone hole" and "global warming" helped my case. Here's the details:

I'm a Canadian citizen, although I don't think that matters for anything as far as the INS is concerned.

Ph.D. University of Denver, 1999, Analytical Chemistry. Research thesis involved developing remote sensing instrumentation for measuring nitric oxide emissions from mobile sources (cars, aircraft, railroad locomotives).

At the time I submitted the petition, I had my current job for 2.5 years, but I had a letter from my Ph.D. advisor saying the work I did in graduate school was in the same field, so I had a total of 7+ years of experience. By the time the case was adjudicated, that was moot because I had my current job for over 3 years.

Six referreed publications. I was afraid this was weak, but they were "strong" papers. One was in Science (among the most prestigious journals for the publication of scientific results), and it was given coverage in the local newspaper in Boulder, where I was quoted by name. Another paper was selected as the cover feature in Geophysical Research Letters, and the cover picture had a photo of a NASA plane after a research flight we conducted in northern Sweden. We submitted a reprint of the publication, with the cover (an original in color) with a summary of my paper on the inside cover.

I have been journal referee for the Journal of Geophysical Research, and we included copies of my review and correspondance with the editor. I have also chaired the summary session at scientific meeting in Italy.

I am a member of the Sigma Xi Honors Society, and I had a letter from the president of my local chapter explaining the qualifications for election to membership.

I had my Ph.D. research cited extensively in a National Research Council book. We also included some references to my work in newsletters, newspapers, and the like.

I had five letters of recommendation, including one from my boss at NOAA. Others came from a program director at NASA headquarters in D.C., a NASA senior scientist at Goddard Space Flight Center, a senior scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, and a professor of engineering at Cal Berkeley.

That's it. Looks like I have AOS ahead of me.

EB1-OR approved!

Finally, my EB1-OR was approved after 196 days waiting.

ND 04/09/02
AD 10/22/02
NSC

Good luck to everybody. Your day will come very soon.

midwest

Re: EB1-OR approved!

Hi, midwest,

Finaly heard your approval. Congratulations! My EB1-EA was notified on 08/14/02. So there is still 4-5 months to wait for based on the present processing speed.

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by midwest
Finally, my EB1-OR was approved after 196 days waiting.

ND 04/09/02
AD 10/22/02
NSC

Good luck to everybody. Your day will come very soon.

midwest

EB1-(A) was finally approved!!!

My EB1-(A) was finally approved after a very long time waiting (over 220 days)!!!

RD 03/14/02
ND 03/14/02
AD 10/24/02
LIN-02-133-XXXXX
NSC

I was a quiet visitor to this great site and I appreciate what I learnt from here during the past several months. Today is my turn and I would like to share this good news with you guys. Good luck to you all and your day is coming soon!

Tiger_King :D