EB1-OR at NSC Approved (ND10/99, RFE received 7/00, replied 9/25/00, 140 approved 10/12/00)

rpr483

Registered Users (C)
Finally, the approval notice is here!

NSC approved my EB1-OR petition.
ND - 10/08/99
RFE received 07/00
RFE replied 09/25/00
Approved 10/12/00

Summary:
-Ph.D. from Big Ten School
-Working as a Senior Research Engineer for a Research Organization
-8 publications in reputed Journals and International conferences
-4 citations.
-2 Professional Awards
-Member of 3 prestigious associations (one associated with National Academy of Sciences)
-Strong teaching background
-10 letters of recommendation from personnel in academia, industry and government (local and international)
-Articles from media (internet, brochures, news clippings, etc...) to show the significance of my area of work.
-Correspondence material between the associations and myself in which I am a member.
-Reviewer of journal articles and technical reports published through the associations in which I am a member

I think the most important piece of this puzzle is a strong cover letter. (I doubt if any immigration officer has the patience
to go through every word of a 150 page long petition).
While having an immigration lawyer is a boost to your confidence, I think you should be
the one making the calls and putting your application together. That is what I did.
You know the best about yourself, not your lawyer. I also got a lot of helpful hints
from browising this website and some others.

Finally the ordeal is over. Good luck to you all those who are waiting, hang in there.
There is light at the end of this tunnel.
See ya all in 485.

No Title

I am going to apply for the EB-1OR now. Can you email your cover letter to me at your convenience? Thanks a lot.

wendy