EB1-OR approved!!!

lzhao

Registered Users (C)
Oh, my god, I can't believe that. My case (both 140 and 485) were approved a few minutes ago at VSC. The ND are:
I-140: Dec 18, 2002.
I-485: March 6, 2003.
What a relief!!!

Congratulations!!

Could you please share more details of your case, qualifications etc. Thanks.

details

EB1-OR VSC. NO RFE.
MS in computer science.
Researcher position in a large international corporation.
9 papers, 10 recom letters, 3 pending patents, no awards, no prestigious membership.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

I remember on 12/7, you mentioned your company sent an inquiry for you. Maybe the inquiry speed up your process?

Anyway, congratulations. Enjoy!

inquiry

Yes, they did file an inquiry last Friday. Not sure whether that helps.
Thank you all and hope your cases get approved soon!

DelightFish said:
Congratulations!

I remember on 12/7, you mentioned your company sent an inquiry for you. Maybe the inquiry speed up your process?

Anyway, congratulations. Enjoy!

My husband 's employer filed 140-OR to csc on Oct.21, 2003, still pending. Please post if your case get touched.

In the same boat!

Yes, I will let you guys know if I get some news. Please also post here if you get your case approved.

We are exactly in the same boat. My case is also OR, which is submitted to CSC on Nov 7, 2003. It is still pending.

What are you going to do? Send an inquiry? or Just wait? In addition, did you submit your I-485? When?

Is there any other guys who is in the same boat?

Thanks.

DelightFish said:
Yes, I will let you guys know if I get some news. Please also post here if you get your case approved.

We are exactly in the same boat. My case is also OR, which is submitted to CSC on Nov 7, 2003. It is still pending.

What are you going to do? Send an inquiry? or Just wait? In addition, did you submit your I-485? When?

Is there any other guys who is in the same boat?

Thanks.

485 submitted on Dec, 2003. We did inquiry through 1-800 number about 3 weeks ago. nothing changed after that. Don't know anybody in the same catagory though.

EB1 - OR approved

Congratulations.

I also got my OR approved on December 6, 2004 at TSC.
That is just above six months.

ND: May 26, 2004

I-140 approval, now what ?

Hello, my EB-1 I-140 was filed on October 13th 2003, was approved on December 22nd 2004.

What do I do now ? Wait for the I-485 approval (which should happen within the next 3 months) and then await a green card in the mail? I already gave my fingerprints..

Or is there an interview ?? what are the steps left before I actually get the GC in my hand ?

Thanks and Happy holidays !

My I140 was approved today morning

Hi All

My I140 was approved today morning.
ND = PD = 08/19/2003
I 140 AD = 12/28/2004 EB1 OR VSC

One quick question - (similar boat, much appreciated!)

Congratulations lzhao!

I am in a similar boat - Could you share what did you bring to show the pending patents? I am working on two patents myself, and am going to file them soon, but may not be soon enough to get a response from the patent office before my upcoming interview (485, EB1a)...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

lzhao said:
EB1-OR VSC. NO RFE.
MS in computer science.
Researcher position in a large international corporation.
9 papers, 10 recom letters, 3 pending patents, no awards, no prestigious membership.

question on 485 interview (EB1a)

I got a 485 Interview (EB1-a), but my work permit is still pending approval. I don't have an employment letter or tax return, but I do have offer letters (in the same area of my research). I understand that EB1a does not require employment but require evidence of planning to continue research in the same area.

Any advice how may I prepare to enhance my case and get the approval on my interview day? Shall I postpone my interview or not? Has anybody had similar situation as I do? Thanks for advice.

-PassionateResearcher

Last edited by a moderator:
affirma said:
Congratulations lzhao!

I am in a similar boat - Could you share what did you bring to show the pending patents? I am working on two patents myself, and am going to file them soon, but may not be soon enough to get a response from the patent office before my upcoming interview (485, EB1a)...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hi Affirma

You could show the patents being published in the USPTO website as a proof of your patent processing. I did it for my patents.

I checked the CSC website and I140 date is April 1, 2004.
Why your guys case in 2003 still not approved?

Is concurrent 140/485 really faster than those filed before April, 2004?