EB1-OR approved from CSC

james5123

Registered Users (C)
After a long road, my EB1-OR I-140 was approved from CSC. Filed on 06/03, First RFE 02/04, replied 03/04, approved 10/04.

However, my concurrent I-485 received a RFE as well, asking for Birth Certificate. I have previously submitted a notarial certificate (with translation), but was granted as not suffice by USCIS. I was asked to submit a copy of my civilly registered birth certificate that reflects a timely registration and indicates both parents' full names. If a birth certificate is not available from my country, submit a non-availablitiy certificate from your government officials stating that a birth certificate was not available.

I originally came from China. My question is what kind of Chinese government will suffice INS's requirement? Chinese embassy, government in the permanent resident city, or government in the birth place? Thank you very much for help!

Hello James,
Did you just recently received your I-485 RFE, following your I-140 approval? Were you asked to reply by a certain date?

notarized birth certification from China

notarized birth certification from China should be enought. Lots of my friends used that. Good luck.

I guess USCIS just changed its policy. Lots of my friends used notary from China and passed the requirements, but not mine!!! I used the offical notary from China but was notified that it was not sufficent.

Yes, I got the I-140 approval and I-485 RFE at the same time. Looks CSC is really judiscate them together...