EB1(OR) approval VSC->TSC transfer

nycor

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, woke up this morning to see a bunch of emails from CRIS. Two were sent last night around 10:30 ("Card production ordered") for spouse and and myself, and another two this morning around 8:00 ("Approval notice sent"). With a big sigh of relief I would like to thank everyone on this forum for your great companionship on this arduous journey and I wish you guys lots of good luck. It took me only two years but quite often in the last 6 months I was overwhelmed by frustration and hopelessness. Frankly I don't feel any happier right now, just kind of relieved. I guess it will take time to sink in.

Here's my story (also see my signature). My biggest mistake, in retrospect, was probably to sit and do nothing for about 1.5 years. The only thing I did was to check the processing times posted at USCIS Website, which now I know is pretty much bogus. In January 2007, I started calling USCIS about my case and checking this forum for tips and advices. At the time I even didn't know about FBI name check mechanism and the reason behind my delay was indeed this check. Based upon your advices (and God bless you for that!), I decided to take initiatives by writing to the First Lady and Congressional representative of my district. The responses to both were "name check pending", which was very frustrating. Anyway, my name check
got cleared about 1.5 months later and I found it out through POJ calling and also from a recent Infopass appointment.

I got 2 LUDs recently on 6/14 and 6/15, but nothing happened for a while. Turns out that those LUDs were for an online address update that I requested on 3/30 (received a letter from USCIS dated 6/13 which says so). Actually I also sent an address update request to TSC by snail-mail as per instruction of IO at my Infopass in May. It's possible that because of these actions, somebody picked up my dusty file and approved it. I know that some of you are well ahead of me in line (akayal for example), but that's just the way USCIS works. Be patient, try all methods, and keep your fingers crossed. I do wish all of you very speedy approvals!!

So, here are two (rather obvious) lessons that I've learned:

1) Try everything you can to get your name check cleared. Write to your congressional representatives, FL, VP, FBI, etc. as suggested on this forum. Make an Infopass appointment once a month. Use POJ to call USCIS until you'll get a nice lady who tells you about your case. Don't give up, you'll get a reasonable person eventually. In my case, my first Infopass was a total waste, but the second was much more informative (I got a lady from my own country). I called USCIS using POJ only once, but was able to speak with a nice lady who was the first to say that my name check was cleared.

2) Once your name check has been cleared, try to contact USCIS in every way you can to get somebody look at your file. As I said above, my case got approved perhaps because of an address update request I sent in earlier. Others have suggested creating a SR request, calling TSC once in a while to ask about your case or writing to ombudsman. This forum is great because of the oh-so-many inventive ways people have come up with to get USCIS off its lazy ass and get you out of the mess.

Once again, thank you all and wish you the best of luck!

Congrats,

we got our approval e-mail today. No card production e-mail though. We did FP 2 in May so I do not know what is holding the card production if anything.

Enjoy.

BTW, we are a EB1 too. However, we waited for almost 4 years before the approval for the exact same reason you describe.

Have a great day and once again congrats.

Diana

Diana, thanks for your nice words and congrats to you, too, on your happy ending. It's really nice to see some EB1 approvals finally.

Enjoy your freedom!

Congrats,

we got our approval e-mail today. No card production e-mail though. We did FP 2 in May so I do not know what is holding the card production if anything.

Enjoy.

BTW, we are a EB1 too. However, we waited for almost 4 years before the approval for the exact same reason you describe.

Have a great day and once again congrats.

Diana

nycor,

congrats! Great to see EB1 cases approved.

I initiated a service request as well in early June, wrote to TSC, my senator, and ombudsman (very recently) after my name check was cleared. Haven't heard back much. Senator office wrote back that they initiated an inquiry.

Called TSC a few times using POJ - couple of times reached nice reps -said "ready for adjudication" but nothing till date. Lately, I didn't have much luck with the TSC reps though - they were unwilling to talk.

I also sat on my butt for the first 1.5 years - I wasn't even aware that name check existed till mid-2005:) One other experience is that since most immigration attorneys operate on a flat fee basis (rather than an hourly basis) - they have very little incentive to proactively pursue your case if it gets delayed.

Thanks akayal. I'm sure you'll get approved soon, given your name check was cleared before mine and your RD was also 6 months ahead. Just keep hanging in there.

I have the same experience with my lawyer. Every time I contacted him, all he said was "your case is fine, just takes time to get approved". That's why I'm thankful to you guys for providing me with practical advices and encouragement as well. It's good not to feel alone in this kind of mess.

Good luck!

nycor,

congrats! Great to see EB1 cases approved.

I initiated a service request as well in early June, wrote to TSC, my senator, and ombudsman (very recently) after my name check was cleared. Haven't heard back much. Senator office wrote back that they initiated an inquiry.

Called TSC a few times using POJ - couple of times reached nice reps -said "ready for adjudication" but nothing till date. Lately, I didn't have much luck with the TSC reps though - they were unwilling to talk.

I also sat on my butt for the first 1.5 years - I wasn't even aware that name check existed till mid-2005:) One other experience is that since most immigration attorneys operate on a flat fee basis (rather than an hourly basis) - they have very little incentive to proactively pursue your case if it gets delayed.

approved

First of all Congrats... I too got a status email today that said card production ordered... Frankly I didnt know what it implied until i read your post... I absolutely agree with you... do not sit on it... try to eliminate the unknowns...
Here's how my journey was. its quite interesting and i can write a book on it someday... maybe everyone who went through this ordeal will say the same thing...

I filed my GC from a company located in Pittsburgh in august 2001. My labor got cleared in 3 months in EB2 category. My attorney told me after my labor was approved that I was not a eb2 canditate and i was actually a eb3 candidate since my experience was short by two months... this was the time when all hell broke loose in that my company went belly up and started laying off people... fortunately all dates were current at that time and the concurrent filing rule was introduced. my attorney filed my 140 in EB3 category even though my labor was approved in eb2 category... my 485 was also filed concurrently. Eventually i lost my job. Found another job. My 140 was approved in august 2003. filed for ac21 and waited for a year. got a rfe for w2, evl, paystubs and medical. replied in two months and waited. opened a inquiry with uscis. they replied saying my case was pending in name check. Immidiately filed for FOIR with FBI. They did not find anything. Then I sent an email to FBI for namecheck in 2005 . Got a reply from them after 6 months saying it has been pending. note that now it had been pending for around two years in name check. I wrote a letter to congressman that week and before i could mail the letter i got another e-mail from FBI in the same week saying the namecheck was cleared and it has been sent to USCIS. but the same week the dates had retrograced... couldnt do anything but wait. in the mean time i changed two companies but did not file for AC21. in march 2007 my case was transferred from vsc to tsc...the sun was rising again... i got a finger printing notice. may 2007 i got a rfe for getting my TB skin test done. did that and finally today after almost 6 years i got this e-mail...
My journey had been frustrating and maybe eventfull. i dont wish to go through this again for anything. one thing i can say... when you want it the most, you wont get it but when you dont care about it you will get it...

many congrats nycor! your case seemed like it wouldve approved soon..
akayal also seems to be near..

i'm still in the no lud group..

Tomcat, what a story!! Kudos to you for your patience. I'd have gone crazy.

First of all Congrats... I too got a status email today that said card production ordered... Frankly I didnt know what it implied until i read your post... I absolutely agree with you... do not sit on it... try to eliminate the unknowns...
Here's how my journey was. its quite interesting and i can write a book on it someday... maybe everyone who went through this ordeal will say the same thing...

Thanks Jack2007. TSC seems to pick up the approval pace, so you'll get approved soon.

many congrats nycor! your case seemed like it wouldve approved soon..
akayal also seems to be near..

i'm still in the no lud group..