EB1-OR any approvals lately????

skusa

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting for my EB1-OR since may 2002, is anyone in the same boat? Its frustrating, going to be yr soon and no news..
here are my details

140 - RD may17th 2002
AP - ????

EAD - approval Feb 28th
AP - March3rd
FP - March12th

Pl post your experiances, suggestions.

thanks
shobhana

As you can see, the Vermont Service Center has not approved any EB-1 case
in the last 4-5 months. There are people
waiting for EB-1 I-140 approvals since
Feb/March of 2002 (even though the timings show 4/2002 - it's bogus).

No one understands what VSC is doing (because they are NOT doing anything).

hope

I posted earlier that my I-140 was approved from VSC in Nov,2002

Here is details
I-140-EB1-OR, RD sept,02, ND-sept-02
I-140 approval Nov, 02
I-485 , RD aug,02. Nd-sept-02, FP-oct,02
Approval??
EAD-same day in dec, 02

Hope this may help.

confusing

futuregc9
How come your 485 month dates are earlier than 140? or you mean you applied for I-140/485 concurrently?
Its frustrating for the delay.

gzhang3000
Mine is not tenure-track position. are you done with EB1-OR and 485? what are your ND?

thanks

eb1-or

sorry, I meesed up.
EB1-OR
I-140 , RD June,2002 at VSC
I-140-approval, Nov.02
I-485, RD aug-02
I-485 ND-sep.02
FP-Oct. 02
EAD-took in dec02, in same day.

I know another case who got I-140 approval in oct 02.
his I-140 ID (NIW)was in May.02. I do not have any other details:) :eek:

I feel it varies case to case and how it is presented.
Hope this may help

futuregc9
thanks a lot
could you pl post your qualifications?

thanks again
have a great weekend
shobhana

You are not alone

Hi. We are on the same boat.

i-140 (EB1) two separate applications on June 3, 2002. One with "concurrent" i-485 - September 13, 2002. FP on Nov. 5th.

Our lawyer talked to VSC yesterday. She was told that they are currently assigning 4/2/03 cases to officers. Expect another 75 days... Same old story...

She was also told that there is a way to expedite filing if you can prove "humanitarian" or "loss of business due to not having a green card" issues. For instance, you could claim that you are in such level of stress that it is affection your life (marital issues?).. . I don't know much about this but my lawyer said she would look into it. I will post as soon I know more.

VSC is constantly complaining that they don't have enough $. I am wondering how we can convince them that if they charge a $1,000 expedite fee they might help their finances...

skusa:

Well .... far far from being done. I have a pending EB1-OR from the last May. I haven't filed 485 yet.

BTW, I'm abandoning this pending I-140 and moving up to an academic position (that's why I was curious about how do you word your petition in I-140 if its an exclusive research position that is not "tenure-track").

Regarding the out-of-turn approvals of I-140s at VSC - well, there was some 'noise' (rather than a wave) between
July-to-Nov of 2002 in which VSC tried (unsuccessfully) to confuse the hell out of everyone by randomly processing cases from different months/timings and a few people got lucky (not because they presented a great case in somewhat extraordinary way). Zee..
VSC don't even have resources to read the EB-1 petitions.

I agree with everyone. My I-140 (EB1) was received in the last week of Feb. 2002. Nothing yet. When they were called about it they said in general they are looking at April cases although they haven't looked at mine yet! I know a person whose petition with a receipt date of mid-Feb (2002) got approved 4 months ago. Everything is a mess!

thanks!

Thanks all for posting messages. I hope we all get approvals soon especially waiting for so long in this endless tunnel. its sad though the way VSC is processing the cases randomly especially when some have to wait for so long almost yr and just few are lucky to be through fast, which doesnot mean people who are waiting have less credentials or like that, its just a matter of timing I guess. hope our day comes soon too!! living with a hope is the best way I guess, there is nothing we can do right!

have a great weekend to you all!

Pl keep this thread active

shobhana

Mine is July 2002 with EB-12(OR)

Here is detail on my case,

I-140, EB12
RD: July 23 2002
ND: July 26 2002
AD: ?????????????
EAC and AP: Nov 2002

Conc file for I-485
RD: Sep 3 2002
ND: Nov 13 2002
FP: Dec 2002
AD: ?????????

Hope we get a good news soon

FP message

485case status message says that FP received on march19th and pending review. do you all (EB1-OR cases) too get the samilar message since the I-140 isnot yet approved?

thanks

EB1 OR CSC Approved

Hello
I have been a slinet visitor to this website. I have learned a reasonable deal of other peoples experience, for which I wanted to thank the contributors here.

I also got my petition approved recently at CSC, and wanted to share info with you, and wish you all the best for your immigration matters:

CSC I140 OR (University sponsored)
ND=MAR 26 2002
RFE ND=NOV 14
RFE response submitted=FEB 12 2003
AD of I 140=APR 16 2003

57 Scholarly publications (117 citations, incl. 12 self citations)
07 Patents (one already a product available in US market)
02 Scholarly publications evaluating a product based on own patent)
15 Letters from US and international

I wish you all the best

OR_1

RFE

Hello
RFE:
1- partially related to poorly prepared application (which I did myself initially). University did not provide professional (lawyer) assistance
2- Out of 7 patents, I submitted copies of 5 patent certificates, plus letters of allowance (but not actual certificates) on the remaining two. INS wanted actual patent certificates on the others
3- INS wanted proof that a commercially available product was indeed based on my intellectual property. I had originally provided academic-type of proof
4- INS wanted proof that the journals that published my articles were scholarly, of international circulation, number of copies, availability outside US
5- Item 4 (above) also valid for journals that published articles (by others) evaluating my work.

Upon receipt of RFE, I hired a lawyer, who helped me:
*re-structure the application
*draft additional letters

He also advised me to:
*collected info about journals
*two patents were meanwhile issued (certificates available)
*obtained letter from company which acquired my invention that product X is based on my patents etc..

The lawyers contributions was invaluable! Originally I prepared the application assuming INS examiners to be at the level of a scientific journal editor.

I hope this answers the question. Good luck guys!
OR_1