EB1-OR and EB1-EA help required

gc-ache

Registered Users (C)
Hope someone in this forum had their own experience similar to what I am about to undergo now. My situation is, I have filed an EB1-OR petition with an attorney a month ago. Paid lot of money for the attorney who certainly is not worth it! I am not happy with their work at all but realized it too late. I am planning to file another, this time a ‘’self’’ petition on EB1-EA (non employer) with same letters and supporting documents used for my EB1-OR. There shouldn’t be any problem in filing another petition in principle, I guess. However, I need to mention in this I-140 that I have another(I-140) pending application. The reason I am worried, would this ( EB1-OR vs EB1-EA) have any impact on each other ? will uscis notify my attorney that one of the application needs to be withdrawn etc. ? I haven’t discuss this with my attorney yet assuming they won’t like me to go for it as a self petition or they would like to do it for more $, but donot want to pay them anymore. Has anyone ever faced these issues or have a suggestion for this situation ? please help. Frankly I don't want to discuss this with my attorney if I don't need to. I am from a retro country and my H1B will expire in 1 year and 1 week time.

EB1-OR
Priority date: July 22
LUD: July 24
Nebraska

Last edited by a moderator: