eb1(OR) 485 approved 9/22/05

goko

Registered Users (C)
It is my turn to share the good news with you. Just received the approval e-mail saying an approval notice is on its way.
Does anyone know if I can get my passport stamped without an approval notice?
I am supposed to travel outside US next week and looks like using AP is not an option.

Good luck to everyone and thank you immigrationportal for the valuable info and support

EB1(OR) concurrent: Aug 09 2004
140 AD: July 19 2005
Biometrics code2: June 16 2005
485 AD: Sep 22 2005

Hi Goko,

Congratulations!. Now a days they are not stamping unless you show the proper reason to travel outside country.

Stamping with out appoval is depends on local center. If they have your info updated on their systems, they may do it but prefarably with approval notice.

Good luck with stamping.

What is your PD and country of birth?.

Thanks,
Gseekar.

Congratulations!

I guess you will get your card within 2 weeks (since you did your biometrics already in 6/16/2005)
I heard if you can show something like air-ticket, they might do stamp for you??? BUT BUT you must have the approval notice, without that, they will do nothing.

thank you guys so much for the suggestions. I guess it is highly unlikely that they'll stamp my passport but I'll try anyway (I'll pray for good luck and God's intervention). I've got airplane/train tickets and it was kind of an engagement trip to my boyfirend's home country so it'll really suck if I can't make it. Plus he is already there waiting for me to join him. But compared to what other folks have to endure this is nothing, really.

My home country is Bulgaria and my PD is August 9 2004. since it is a Eb1, the priority date is the 140 filing date.

I will keep you posted about the stamping thing.

Unbelievable!
I found a green card in the mailbox today. Took 4 days from LUD change for the card to arrive. So this wraps up my saga of 5 years of green card strife. I am glad I didn't listen to the company immigration lawyer telling me that I have no case for EBb1(OR). One year later they were proven wrong.

I hope most of the Eb1 guys will be getting their approvals soon.

That's really incredible! So did you receive the approval notice at all? I thought biometric code 2 is not enough for the card.

Congratulations and have fun at your friend's wedding!

goko said:
Unbelievable!
I found a green card in the mailbox today. Took 4 days from LUD change for the card to arrive. So this wraps up my saga of 5 years of green card strife. I am glad I didn't listen to the company immigration lawyer telling me that I have no case for EBb1(OR). One year later they were proven wrong.

I hope most of the Eb1 guys will be getting their approvals soon.