EB1-OProf - Dillema of a Business Professor

vlove

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!

I desperatlely need your help (as well as second opinion regarding my chances of getting I-140 approved). Here is my brief background and relevant information:

1. PhD in Business Administration from US U. (2003)
2. Holding tenure track (permanent) position at State University (hired in 2003)
3. Only 2 publications that came out in 2004/2005 (5 citations total)
4. 13 conference proceedings (some full text, other just the abstracts)
5(a). Serving on editorial board for a respectable journal since 2003 (had to review quite a bit)
5(b). Reviewer for two online journals (e-commerce)
6. Reviewer for conferences (can't even count how many)
7. Discussant/track chair for numerous conferences
8. No memberships, major awards or special memberships in organizations/societies
9. Will be able to get 10 positive letters of recommendation/support for INS

:rolleyes:

The biggest issue of mine is that majority (if not all) threads (and experiences) here are by scientists from natural sciences (physics, chem, etc.) and I do not know if INS uses the same rules and standarts when judging qualifications of a professor in social sciences. What do you know abou that?

Another thing is that on average, one publication a year is 'acceptable academic standart' in my discipline. It is simply impossible to have 10 pubs in 2-3 years. None of my peers have published two or three papers since their graduation.

So, does INS take into account that fact or not?
What are my chances, guys?
Does INS care where one is from when reviewing I-140?

Humbly yours,
VLove

vlove said:
Hi guys!

Another thing is that on average, one publication a year is 'acceptable academic standart' in my discipline. It is simply impossible to have 10 pubs in 2-3 years. None of my peers have published two or three papers since their graduation.

Get all of your references to state that one publication a year is an extraordianry achievement and it may not be a problem.

Brian

Excellent candiate for OR! I believe you meet more than a few qualifications there. What matters is how to prove you're at the top of your academic field, not the number of papers or citations...

Thanks you guys for your comments. I am not so confident that I can show to INS that I'm so outstandint. I'll try to do this by myself and if I fail, I guess I'll hire a lawyer.

I messed up on thing, thou... There is a special rule, wher college profs can get Permanent LC within 18 months window since they were hired and then apply under EB2 (which is much easier). Now that I got married, I decided to obtain GC, but it was past 18 months then. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Another alternative, I think, is for me to apply for another tenure-track position at different school and, hoepfully, get hired, and apply under EB2.

Don't know...