EB1(L1-A) - I-140/I-485 CSC case tracker

L1A24

Registered Users (C)
My company has filed I-140 at CSC (Receipt says application received July 22,2005). Now I am collecting all the medical documents to submit the I-485 through AOS.
I am on L1-A (Multinational executive/Manager).
Additionally, I have to extend the L1-A visa which expires this month. The lawers have filled for the renewal also.Maybe I will have to go outside the country to get a new visa stamp. Lawyers say its OK to go to Toronto,Canada once I get a renewal notice with a new I-94 and L1-A extension.
Any idea guys, how long does it take in the CSC to get a I-140 approval? A colleague of mine got it in 3 month recently.And later on how long does the I-485 take for approval.
I could have submitted it concurrently but the medical stuff took some time.
Awaiting response on your experiences. I will keep on posting on my application status whenever I receive some information on my case.

no fix criteria

L1A24 said:
Any idea guys, how long does it take in the CSC to get a I-140 approval? A colleague of mine got it in 3 month recently.And later on how long does the I-485 take for approval.
I could have submitted it concurrently but the medical stuff took some time.
Awaiting response on your experiences. I will keep on posting on my application status whenever I receive some information on my case.

it depends on examining officer for your I140. but looking at the processing times at CSC, probably you will hear something within 90 days.. and similarly I485 could take few months to years??

best of luck

EB2/NIW
ND: 7/22/05

Thanks for the timing info. Do you have any clue whether its really possible to extend my L1-A visa (being an Indian passport holder, have to renew it yearly) at the US consulate in Toronto, Canada. I heard they create problems nowadays.

Another clarification, what do you mean by ND and NIW. I am really new to all this. Sorry for the stupid questions.

L1A24 said:
Another clarification, what do you mean by ND and NIW. I am really new to all this. Sorry for the stupid questions.

ND is Notice date, the date on which USCIS issued you the receipt notice for your application (it is different from RD: receipt date, the date on which your application reached USCIS)

NIW is a category in EB2 category.. NIW stand for National Interest Waiver.. in this category labor certification is not done

L1A24 said:
Thanks for the timing info. Do you have any clue whether its really possible to extend my L1-A visa (being an Indian passport holder, have to renew it yearly) at the US consulate in Toronto, Canada. I heard they create problems nowadays.

I do not know about L1-A visa renewal requirements (like in H1B... once you get extension, you do not require actual visa stamped in passport; previous visa with new extension having new I94 is good enough). I my self got J1 visa once from Canada but that was before 9/11 and after that I have heard they create problem for 3rd country candidates...

sanatima said:
ND is Notice date, the date on which USCIS issued you the receipt notice for your application (it is different from RD: receipt date, the date on which your application reached USCIS)

NIW is a category in EB2 category.. NIW stand for National Interest Waiver.. in this category labor certification is not done

Thanks a lot for your quick response then my ND is on 07/22/2005 and they have filed I-140 directly without labor cert. as a EB-1 category as Multinational Executive/Manager.

Maybe we should track our cases together, both our ND dates seems to be the same.

Eb-1

My lawyers are considering EB-1 for me and I think they will get back to
me with the first draft of the paperwork.

L1A24, Couple of questions :

I'm wondering how long it takes to file I-140 from the day you started
the paperwork for eb-1 ?

Did you provide any org-chart kind of stuff to support Multinational executive/Manager category ? How big is your company/group ?

Dear Nikedude,

I recently started the process, been in the US just a couple of months.Well the I-140 is very crucual and you need to talk with the company's lawyers in details.
It took me approximately 3 weeks to detail out everything including the letter from the company. You have to do the paperwork and the company or the boss should be happy to sign it.It saves him/her time.

My company's worldwide size is 185,000 and my groups size is 120. When you are on L1-A you should have already been an executive/manager with your company abroad. L1-A visa already states that. You need to have hire and fire responsibilities and also your position is such crucial for the company that they will incur a financial loss etc. if you are not around. You need to have profit/loss responsibilities etc. The lawyers really make a good story out of it of-course the company needs to support your justification.

I did provide orgization charts etc. but they did not include it in the petition.

A consistent good story is what you need for justification. I just started the process, I have to wait and see what happens. Our lawyers are very good. Others who when through the process as L1-A starting this year got the I-140 approved in 3 months time from the CSC.

I am having my fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.

L1A24 said:
Thanks a lot for your quick response then my ND is on 07/22/2005 and they have filed I-140 directly without labor cert. as a EB-1 category as Multinational Executive/Manager.

Maybe we should track our cases together, both our ND dates seems to be the same.

ya Sure...

Going to file I140 - Multinational executive

Hi

I am also going to file I140 in california through multi-national category. Please share your experience.

My EB1c case at CSC: My 140 ND is 01/07/05 I got approval on May 20. Filed 485 in APR still waiting.

vijayny said:
Hi

I am also going to file I140 in california through multi-national category. Please share your experience.

You will see the details in the previous replies I posted. I guess your company and lawyers will do a good job since its totally upto them how they make the case.

Any specific questions let me know.

Cheers
L1A24

gc6666 said:
My EB1c case at CSC: My 140 ND is 01/07/05 I got approval on May 20. Filed 485 in APR still waiting.

I guess I have to wait for 5 months then.Thanks for the info.

My I140/I485 was filed on EB1 - L1A category in Sept. can someone share how long it takes for I140 to get processed.

Hoping there is some movement in EB1 - visa numbers in next few months. I got my Biometrics appointment for Dec 2005.

special case, need advice

Finally find the place to discuss L1A to GC. There are so few threads about this. We should update with each other and share experience along the way.

Here's my speical case need your advice:

I left my previous employer (an international affiliate of my current employer) in July 03 and then spent 2 years in business school in U.S. Therefore, when I rejoined the same company in U.S. in July 05, I barely met the crietia of "1 full year international service oversea in the past 3 years". I got my L1A approved (Valid from 12/1/05) but won't be able to start GC process until 7/1/06 per company policy (at least 1 year service in US). I was told by lawyer that I won't be able to skip LC and file I-140 directly as I can not meet the EB1-C crietia of "1 full year international service oversea in the past 3 years before petitioin" then. Is that true?

Received contradictive responses on this issue before, urgently need help. Really appreciate if someone was/is in the same situation could share past experience.

Filed in September

Mine was also filed in September. EB1-Managerial category. Any idea on how long it is taking I-140 nowadays? I guess we have to wait a few months..years for I-485.

vijayny said:
My I140/I485 was filed on EB1 - L1A category in Sept. can someone share how long it takes for I140 to get processed.

Hoping there is some movement in EB1 - visa numbers in next few months. I got my Biometrics appointment for Dec 2005.

I think I-140 takes about 5 months in california. Can anyone with experience with L1A Multi National Manager category post here. I submitted all the papers - experience letter from India (1.5 yrs as manager) and Job description in US.

Can we use this thread to share experiences with EB1- L1A category cases. Please post if your I140 got approved recently. I have filed I485 and I140 concurrently - waiting for approvals. God knows how long that would take.