EB1-job change

futuregc9

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone!

This is first posting here. I have a question about the change of job on the EB1-OR category. If I change job after 6 months into I485 RD, should I inform INS about the change of job(even if it falls on a different service centre) just like we have to inform change of address? I'd appreciate your expert opinion. Thanks
:confused:

Another job in same company

My friend has a similar question: During layoffs, a colueague of mine was offered a position in other department with similar job description but it pays lower. He has not yet received RFE yet but what if he does? How should he send his pay stubs if asked? Should he try to explain?

Several possibilities..

The rules says that you should inform INS.. I have seen several instances where the petitioner did not inform INS and when they got the RFE, they combined the pay stubs of both the companies and the Employment letter from the new company and infact have got approved.
Well the gamble is if you don't get the RFE, informing INS would have been an unncessary thing, but if you do get the RFE, INS might be scrutinising the date you left the old company and the date you joined the new one.
I don't know the specifics if your new state falls under a different service center.
Seems like its really upto you guys, however I'd go by my lawyer.