Eb1 For Physicians

245i-victim

Registered Users (C)
Considering EB1 due to very long LC wait. My case is not srong but is as follows:
1. 3 years Internal medicine residency. (no fellowship)
2. 6 years experience.(After residency)
3. Salary twice of average.
4. Served on various committees, including medical executive committes.
5. Medical director of Nursing home.
6. Written a book, to be published soon.
7. 100 percentile in ABIM exam.
8. Diplomate of ABIM.
9. Have been working as a Hospitalist for 3 years. (Could be considered as a speciality, though no formal training.)
10. Currently Sub-Investigator in ADDRESS Trial.
11. Recomendation letters are not very strong.
12. No publications in journals.

All input (postitve or negative) will be greatly apprciated.

i doubt it will work. You would need to convince USCIS that you are among the top physicians in internal medicine in the world.

Niw?

If I recall correctly you are on your last year of H1b right now, you have a labor cert pending in one of the 'horror-states' and you are stuck with 7th year extensions etc.

An underserved area EB-2 NIW might work for you. It wouldn't allow you to adjust for a long time, but it would give you an EAD to continue working. Once your LC goes through, you can file another I140 based on that and change you 485 to the LC based petition, freeing you from the NIW conditions. (I have no idea whether that would work, it is just an idea.)

( add: I recently found out that you can only link a new I140 to a concurrently filed I485 if the initial I140 got approved. )

As for the EB-1: The only physicians I know who managed to get an EB-1 through were A. hardcore researchers with stacks of top-journal 1st author papers who sat on some editorial boards B. had the pull of a medical school behind them and went through the OR track.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have applied for EB1-EA and is currenlty pending at TSC. I have a fellowship and several research papers as well as recommendation letters. Having read lots of posts on this forum as well as after reading the AAO decisions, I believe it will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) in your case. Probably NIW will be better as previously suggested in a post.