Eb1-ea

yesven

Registered Users (C)
In browsing thru the various stipulations for EB1-EA, I notice that one of them states “Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in relation to others in the field”.

How does one quantify high? And, what comprises the “others in the field”? I’m looking at my H1-B petition and I see that I earn a little more than twice the prevailing wage, although the wage itself is pitifully low compared to what industry pays you! (I’m a postdoc) . Do I fall into the above category or am I grasping at straws here?

Thanks much

Venkat

Originally posted by yesven
In browsing thru the various stipulations for EB1-EA, I notice that one of them states “Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in relation to others in the field”.

How does one quantify high? And, what comprises the “others in the field”? I’m looking at my H1-B petition and I see that I earn a little more than twice the prevailing wage, although the wage itself is pitifully low compared to what industry pays you! (I’m a postdoc) . Do I fall into the above category or am I grasping at straws here?

Thanks much

Venkat

Can't hurt to try, but I wouldn't count on this category. This is meant for professional athletes or pop musicians who make sacks and sacks of cash.

Brian