EB1-EA? What's my chance?

YouApproved

Registered Users (C)
I have to work under the title of postdoc for another year to change to something like research scientist. So no EB1-OR for me.

I prepare to submit both NIW and EB1-EA in several months. Here is who I am. I think I should be fine with NIW. But how about EB1-EA? Realistically, weak? Workable? Pretty good? Thank you very much!

Ph.D. from a so-so US university. Work in an area with great national interests.

7 papers, 1 book chapter. 4 first authors. All decent journals. No big journal though. The book chapter was published by an unknown publisher in another country (not my home country though) but my chapter was the cover. Four more papers in writing. I am first author of three of them.

Pretty good citations for all the papers except the two published last year and this year. Totally ~ 75 citations now but with the speed of this year, it might go to 100 by the time I submit the applications. Mostly independent citations from all over the world.

Several conference posters and presentations. I was listed as a “key contributor” by the journal published the proceeding of one the conferences, once. All the other “key contributors” are tenured professors. Too bad my Ph.D. advisor was one of the three organizers of that conference and this fact was list on the same page that list me as a key contributor, although I am sure he didn’t ask the journal to list me as a “key contributor”.

No award.

I can obtain good independent letters from both the US and other countries such as Canada, Australia and UK. Some of them are big shots.

Two pretty much pay-and-join memberships, including Sigma Xi

Be a reviewer once for a so-so (or pretty bad) European Journal. Trying to get more but too bad in my field it’s hard for a postdoc to be a reviewer.

YouApprovoed, I think you are fine with "authorship" and "contribution", but need at least one more. The membership part is kind of risky, because it seems that USCIS doesn't count Sigma Xi now, but you may try. Good luck.

Yes, I agree. I don't prepare to say much about the memberships at all. I am hoping to get more reviewing experience and claim this one. I just talked to an editor-in-chief. Hopefully I will be invited soon.

YouApprovoed, I think you are fine with "authorship" and "contribution", but need at least one more. The membership part is kind of risky, because it seems that USCIS doesn't count Sigma Xi now, but you may try. Good luck.

Hi,
I am a postdoc. my area of research is biochemistry. I have 17 journal publications (all are first author publications) and 5 conference abstracts ( 3 of the are first authored). I have about 140 citations. I have reviewed 6 journal articles for 3 different international journals. Please let me know the chance of getting EB1.

sssk

I think you have pretty good chance to get approved. Hire a lawyer and prepare a strong petition

Are you talking about me or ssssk? His case is stronger than mine. Thanks!

Well, I just got another reviewer invitation yesterday. It seems that my plan could work.

I think you have pretty good chance to get approved. Hire a lawyer and prepare a strong petition