EB1-EA @ TSC approved

docny

Registered Users (C)
Both EB1-EA and EB2-NIW filed in late March at TSC

Upgraded EB1-EA to PP 04/02/2007
LUD 04/02, 04/03, 04/04, 04/05, 04/06
Got 2 USCIS CRIS emails at 10 PM on 04/05 and Online Status updated to approved. Could this be the email glitch?

This forum and it members have been great.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you. and I hope so.

and special thanks to embolism, ajasha, HeartDoc, midas033 and murlakshmi for their help.

I have a question.

My EB2-NIW is still pending. Should I withdraw it or let it go through the process. Will it be of any benefit to me (non-retro country) at all if approved as well?
If there was an RFE on NIW application, I am sure my lawyer would not want to bother about it, but if so should or must I respond to such RFEs?

Based on my discussion with the lawyer, they will withdraw it somewhere during the AOS process.

docny, congratulations!!!!! you must be very relieved...And you got a quick response also. Can you please post your credentials?

docny, congratulations!!!!! you must be very relieved...And you got a quick response also. Can you please post your credentials?

Somewhat. Still waiting for the paper approval.... I was so prepared for RFE

Here are my credentials

- Last year of cardiology fellowship in an excellent program.
- Contract for interventional cardiology fellowship for next year in a Univ program
- Board certification etc etc.
- 2 travel awards, One Gold medal during medical school
- Merit scholarships etc etc.
- One paper published, two accepted (in press) and 4 abstracts in journals with impact factor above 10 [only papers as first author]
- Investigator in 4 multicenter cardiology trials [not PI], two are State sponsored
- ACC/AHA conference presentations [2+2], multiple local presentations
- Membership in six societies - none by invitation but has somewhat strict criteria to join.
- Unrestricted Medical License in 2 states and limited permit in NY state
- Reveiwer of a Journal and evaluator of attendings, fellows, residents and medical students
- 6 letters - all from within US major Universities [three independant] - very strong

I do not know what was claimed and what not, as I did not see my cover letter. We have a saying " eat mangoes, don't count the trees". So I never bother to ask.

can you please say about the weight of your package. Had you submitted original recommendation letters?

can you please say about the weight of your package. Had you submitted original recommendation letters?

I don't know the exact wt. I don't know what went in with my application. But I handed over more than a 1000 pages worth of documentations, involving protocols for studies and trials, evidence of the extent of of my involvement in trials where I was not the main person but played a key role.

My 2 cents

- TSC is the best (I don't know if it is loose or NSC is tough)
- Better presentation of application is a must. hire a very good lawyer if you think you need one.
- I think they look at the quality more than the qauntity and hence weight [I didn't have a lot of publications and no citations - but the impact factor of the the published material was very high and perhaps that fact that in my field each publication was a 3-5 years worth of work]
- I did include all the protocols, IRB stuff [I don't know if was ultimately included in the final package]
- Support material regarding your work, it may not directly describe your work but the importance of the topic that you have researched on and its impact nationally and internationally.
- And use fedex, has better tracking system. Peace of mind:)
- It is ultimately you one-on-one with adjudicator - [is he having a bad day, good day etc etc]

- I only submitted one set of letter to the lawyer. Since he sent out EB1 and NIW, I am assuming one had original and one copies (or he may have kept the originals in his file and sent off the copies)

Please be advised, I am talking about the strengths of my application in retrospect. [Once you pass an exam, you think it was much easier than you thought].

I could not have done it w/o a lawyer. Not included in the above credentials is other stuff that lawyer pointed out to as strength of my application and may have been significant, such as experience with heart transplant patient, use of cutting edge technology etc etc.

Honestly, before speaking to the lawyer, I was describing my credentials as

- fellowship in cardiology
- 4 abstracts, one paper, two cooking
- usual memberships

I hope that helps.

Hi, docny, did you receive the approval by mail?

I checked with the lawyer today, so far nothing. I am supposed to have a courtesy approval too? - so far none. I am hoping in the next 2-3 days I will get it.

My LUD was 4/6. That may be when they actually have mailed out the notice..but it was an easter weekend so it may take time.

:)

Congratulations, DocNY. Can you give us the name and address of the attorney you used? may be even a private message?

Hi docny,

Don't worry. You will get the approval notices soon. See my signature for dates. I received the courtesy copy on 04/09 and my attorney received the official copy on 04/10. So, yours should be on the way...

I checked with the lawyer today, so far nothing. I am supposed to have a courtesy approval too? - so far none. I am hoping in the next 2-3 days I will get it.

My LUD was 4/6. That may be when they actually have mailed out the notice..but it was an easter weekend so it may take time.

:)