EB1- EA Reference Letters

CooolDude

Registered Users (C)
First of all I would like to thank all the members for their valuable posts and sharing the important information with other.
I have requested few people here for the sample reference letters for EB-1 EA category but no luck so far.
Once again I will really appreciate if some one can share the reference letters with me (of course the personal information blacked out) at hsinghsandhu@yahoo.com I just want to get an idea.
Thanks in advance

I can imagine it would be hard to provide reference (recommendation) letters without tailoring them to your particular situation. For instance, I got my EB-1 EA in a music field, so unless you're in the same profession... you understand. However, I can share the basic structure of the recommendation letters I submitted. They would start out with,

"U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
[Address you're filing to]

[Date]

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on [Your Name]"
Or, "I’m writing this letter in support of [Your Name], an extraordinary [...]".

Next paragraph - writer's credentials, what he/she has accomplished in the field and why he/she is qualified to judge someone's extraordinary ability in the field.

Then, the body of the letter - about the extraordinary abilities of beneficiary. Write 2-3 paragraphs as applicable. Please give details, make it personalized.

Conclusion - something like "Based on my professional knowledge, [Your Name] is truly a [...] of extraordinary ability. He/she has the potential to [...] in the United States and to greatly contribute to the important field of [...]".
Or, "There is no doubt in my mind that [Your Name] has extraordinary ability...".

Sincerely,

[Name]
[Title]
[Contact info]

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Megalaser,

As I mentioned in another thread, I had been approved. Details in signature below.

I've posted a lot on EB-1 EA subject (re: cover letter, etc.), so if you look through my earlier posts, you might find some useful information. Good luck!

I asked three of my former research collegues to write letters for me. They were now in different universities in the world, and that (I think) gave the impression that my work is recognized all over the world :) I also requested someone from JPL, one of my former employers and my current manager to write a letter for me. The format was the same for the person writing the letter:

1. How do you know the person
2. What are your credentials for writing the letter
3. Something about the person for whom you're writing the letter for.
4. How does it make him/ her among top 3-5% of the persons in the field.

I requested them to concentrate on different areas of my expertise that I had mentioned in my cover letter. Here's an actual sample. The application, by the way, was successful.

=====================================

Date: March 18, xxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Immigration Petition of Dr. XXXXXX

This letter is issued on the request of Dr. XXXXX to support his application for permanent residence in the United States of America. As his former colleague at the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of XXXX, XX, its my pleasure to write this letter to evaluate his research contributions and strongly support his petition.

My name is XXXXXXXX, BSChE (XXXXX), PhD (XXXX, XX). I am a lecturer at the School of XXXXXXXXX, Universiti XXXXXX, XXXXX, one of the leading institution in XXXX. I have over 20 publications in International Journals and conferences of international repute. I am on the organization committee of the XXXXXXX and also a member of the XXXXXXX. Formely, I have served on the organization committees of various local and international conferences.

I have known Dr. XXXXX since 1994, when I registered in the PhD programme at the department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of XXXXX, XX, and joined the Intelligent Systems and Industrial Control Laboratory. Dr. XXXX had been in the same lab for over two years. I had a chance of working very closely with Dr. XXXX for two years. During this time, I also got an opportunity of working with him together on application of “XXXXXX”. Later on, we presented a joint paper on this topic in XXX World XXXXX Congress, XXXXX, France, XXXXXX. Dr. XXXX’s research opened a new direction in the field by showing that innovative changes in conventional XXXXXX search to incorporate the system related information from the industrial systems can enhance the results considerably. His research was also an original contribution to the field since he combined traditional XXXXXXX search in XXXXXXX algorithms with XXXXX search for the first time in reported research. The experimental results shown by him proved the superiority of his research techniques. He later on implemented the results on the manufacturing systems available in the laboratory, proving the practical applicability of his methods.

Having worked closely with Dr XXXX, I can confidently say that I can comment on his capabilities as a researcher and an engineer. Through his research, he has proven that he has extraordinary research capabilities, and engineering intuition to solve complex engineering problems. He has also won the approval and recognition of his peers in this field. Since I have lived in the United States for four years, and am a graduate from a US University, I am sure that he will have no problems in settling down there, and will be able to contribute positively to the economy of the country. I wish him best of luck in his petition for Green Card.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

XXXXXXXXX, BSChE, PhD.
School xxxxxxxxxx
Unixxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXX

Tel: xxx-xxxxxxxxxx ext. xxx
FAX: xxx-xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxx@xxxx.xxxx