EB1 EA - Portability

go_getter007

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, my firm just applied for my EB1 EA. I'm already in the 7th year of my H. Here is my question:

If, from a career standpoint, I want to move to another division/job role within my firm, how soon can I do it given my pending (and recently applied) EB1? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

GG_007

sponsorship

go_getter007,

I heard that one does not need a sponsor for her/his EB1-EA petition. Could you tell me why you applied thru your firm? Thanks!

go_getter007 said:
Hello All, my firm just applied for my EB1 EA. I'm already in the 7th year of my H. Here is my question:

If, from a career standpoint, I want to move to another division/job role within my firm, how soon can I do it given my pending (and recently applied) EB1? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

GG_007

You may be right that employer sponsorship isn't required but if your employer (in my case an Americon corporate icon/global giant) sponsors it, you don't pay anything out of your pocket and probably it adds some meat to your application.

GG_007

Freemann said:
go_getter007,

I heard that one does not need a sponsor for her/his EB1-EA petition. Could you tell me why you applied thru your firm? Thanks!

But that probably also means that you are at the mercy of the corporate lawyers who are paid by the company and its in their interest to keep your case hanging as long as possible. Just my experience...I personally prefer paying my own lawyer so that i can have control over the whole process...maybe its different in your case. Also there is no such thing as "Sponsoring" an EA... EA is a self petition...just that the company will pay for your expenses...so there is no point of adding meat to the application....my 2 cents......the meat will be depending on your qualifications and your achievements....hope the corporate lawyers dont hang you out to dry...my advice keep on their necks and keep pestering them for everything....