EB1-EA in 35 days

EB1EA-getter

Registered Users (C)
Dear Freinds,

I was a silent reader of this immigration forum. I read lot of important tips from you guys. They helped me a lot.

Today, I am happy to inform you that my I - 140(EB1 EA) is approved in 35 days after submission of my petition. I just give my credentials, that may help some of the aspirants to evaluate their credentails.

I hired a lawyer to do my petition (EB1 EA). She was slow (I started the process in october 2008 and it took 7 months to prepare the letters and final petition), but did good job.

Here are my credentails. I am a postdoc at a National lab

1. I have 16 papers (11 first authors)

2. 1 patent application

3. 2 invited lectures and 1 invited paper

4. NO membership of professional society

5. Reivewer of 3 journals (about 12 reviews)

6. I got 8 letters (three from others who did not work with me, rest five are from people who directy work or superior bosses)

7. some 8 conference proceedings.

8. No media coverage

9. around 40 citations from out of loop

I submitted my applications to TSC.

Thanks guys. For your help. I will answer if you have any questions.

Hi,

Hearty congratulations. I would like to share my credentials. would you pl.comment on my possibility for EB1-EA.

1. Currently postdoc in US university from 2007
2. from 2002-2007 in Japan in top universities as a Postdoc fellow
3. Around 20 papers. and few are about to submit.
4.Reviewed around 15 journals
5. As a Editor for Asian journals in Nanotechnology
6.Citations around 140
7. Membership in ACS and Sigma Xi, IUPAC
8. Got place in WHO is who is the world.
9. Abstracts in the conferences around 7
10. One of the journal selected for Top-25 Hottest articles
11. Selected for Young Scientist award in the National Seminar was held in India
12. Gave invited lectures during India visit in 2009 at SVUniversity
13.Chaired sessions in National Seminar

I will be very thankful, if you can give me your view on my credentials.

With regards

Suri

Did you premier process? If yes, Why did you decide to premier process ( if you dont mind sharing)? Appreciate your reply.
thanks.

Kotas4u,

You should be able to do both EB1-EA and NIW. Your credentails are pretty good.

By the way, what is your service center. NSC people are little difficult, but TSC is easier. If you are in TSC, I believe, you will get in EB1.

It is very important how you present your case. Good attorney is helpful. I hired an attorney, she was very completant (though slow). She used the word/sentences used in the recommendation letter to make a strong cover letter. I liked the way she did it.

Get good recommendation letters from people with big titles (like directors, members of big academy etc) and submit your petition. 95% sure you will get your petition through without RFE.

I did not do premium processing.

Hi FOM,

My attorney was,

Attorney Susan S. Davis
9111 Cross Park Drive
Suite D-200; #262
Knoxville, Tennessee 37923
Office: 865/470-4307
Cell: 865/250-3113
E-mail: susan@davisimmigration.com

She is good. But, little slow. You need to keep calling her or mailing.

Vinay

One more information about the attorney... She charged me $6500 to file my two I-140 petitions (NIW and EA).

I wanted to file adjustment of status through the same attorney. But, she said attorney fee (only, not including governemnt fee) will be $2100 per application. If I had to go through her, it would have been $4200 for me and my wife. So, I decided to file AoS on my own.

I read everything from "immihelp.com" and filed AoS on my own. Let me wait for the results. I hope it will be good.

kotas4u, your credentials appear to be better than mine (apart, perhaps, from my education in American universities, from BS, MS, to PhD), so I think your case has great potential for EB1-EA and NIW.

One critical thing is the letters you get. As EB1EA-getter advises, get them from big shots with big titles. And get them to say big things about you. (If they let you ghostwrite the letters for them, all the better.) The key is to discuss not your immense potentials, but your already immense current impact in your scientific field. Have them talk directly about how your work is favorably impacting theirs.

Good luck!

(I'm not a lawyer.)