EB1-EA got RFE

tangonta

Registered Users (C)
On Oct. 01 I got RFE. I do not know what document BCIS want.
My case is EB1-EA
EAC-02-146-5*

RD 03/08/02
FP Aug/02

When I submit I-485, I submit all document that BCIS requested. I feel so but, why now?? instead of approveal.
I must wait actual letter.:mad:

Most probably, it could be for pay stubs/employment letter just to verify. Unlike NIW, you still have very bright chances of gettting approved without local transfer in my view.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

EB-EA is not required job offer but still BCIS ask employment?

Yes, mostly to verify public charge liability (meaning you are self-reliant financially) and sometimes to see if the nature of job is compatible with the I-140 basis (in your case, EA). Until you receive the actual RFE letter, the above is just a speculatory guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long should I wait for letter from BCIS?
They issue RFE on Oct.1 but not yet received.
Here is CT so not so far from VT.

sorry that you are still waiting for the RFE.

Hopefully you will get it soon.

I wonder what more info that BCIS is requesting. After all, it is an EB1-EA case.

My case was transferred to Missouri Service Center, which to me is like starting all over again after a long wait. So I guess waiting for an RFE isn't all that bad.

My details:

RD: 3/14/02
ND: 4/5/02
TD: 10/16/03
EAC 021525****
EB1-EA, NY

Anyone knows the reason fro Missouri

As far as I know, they handle family and 245i cases. why then are the cases from VSC transferred there. beats me :confused:
maybe people who have got the transfer notice/called Ncsc will let us know whats going on.

My lawer got letter today.
RFE is proof of not subject of 212e.
I sent copy of advisory opinion from DOS that said I am not subject... when I submit I-485. They asked again.

Often a J-visa comes with 2-year home residency requirment as per 212(e) (HRR). Later, if you wish to get an H-1B or immigrant visa, you must either fulfill the 2-year HRR (meaning go back to home country for 2 years) or obtain a waiver of it (the US Department of State (DOS) gives such waivers) or an advisory opinion from DOS that 212(e) does not apply. Apparently, the original poster was/is on J-visa and later obtained I-140 approved under EB-1/EA and had obtained earlier the advisory opinion from the DOS.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
My story was...
I came here 1998 under J-1 visa. And I was working Fed Gov. But my all salary was paid by private company. Company paid everythings, so I did not have any money from Gov.
1st visa said I am not subject...but when I renew visa, they said I am subject...this was mistake so I apply advisory opinion to DOS them I got opinion, that I am not subject. Then I went back to my home country to apply H-1b, consulate ask evidence, so I showed this paper, then I got H-1b visa. When I submit I-485, I also submit copy of this paper and IAP-66. But BCIS ask again!!!