EB1-EA Evaluation

GC-Hopes

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I'm preparing my EB1-EA I-140 package. I'm claiming the following three of the nine criteria:

1. Authorship of scholarly articles:

10 peer-reviewed journal articles
1 encyclopedia article
1 magazine article
25 conference papers

2. Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field:

Reviewer for 8 journals, reviewed ~70 manuscripts in the 2008-2009 academic year;
Chair of an international conference to be held in May 2010
Co-chair of an international conference held in 2008

3. Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field

~95 citations
Letters from ~9 countries from folks that cited my work (who otherwise do not know me)
Letters from 4 distinguished persons who were my colleagues at some point in my career

Now my questions:

(a) Is it okay if I just present these credentials and leave out the following, which I don't think counts but carries a tiny advantage:
-Student achievement award
-Sigma Xi membership
-I have presented several posters in international conferences. Can they be used under the "display of art" criterion?

(b) With the current processing times at NSC, is it worth the money to apply for EAD and AP? Should I just file for the AOS along with the I-140 and wait for the green-card?

(c) I currently use Scopus, Google Scholar and ISI Web of Science to get my citations. However, I know that there are theses and dissertations that cite my work (I spotted a few accidentally). My question is - Is there an automated program or an indexing service like Scopus that indexes dissertations as well?

Thanks folks! As always, you all are of great help to me in the past and appreciate any comments on these.

(a) I agree with you to leave those credential outside the package. I don't believe that a poster could be considered as a 'display of art' (but some of them are really nice!)

(b) I-485 has a flat fee and this include EAD and AP (ask for them doesn't hurt). It's just a couple of more forms... not a big deal.

(c) I don't really know... but I don't think so.

Sigma Xi: I was told, by laws do not indicate that this association requires outstanding achievements of its members.

I had used posters as display of art: I was told that this criterion is not applicable to the petitioner's field. It is for visual artists such as sculptors and painters.

My attorney had told me "student achievement awards" are for training purposes and can't be included in the awards category.

Regarding citations: Web of Science, google sholar and scopus sometimes quote different articles. How do you decide what to show or not to show. How do you intend to show it in your petition?

Thanks dvila and Nw2 for your replies! Helps a lot! I agree that those three won't count much.

Nw2, I am actually planning to present all the citations irrespective of one particular set. If Scopus shows 5 citations and Web of Science shows 5 different citations, I would present all 10 of them. I read somewhere earlier here that the way to show these citations is to present the citing article as the evidence and highlight the place where the petitioner's name is cited (of course along with the corresponding discussion in the text of the citing article).

I am now in the process of looking at all the dissertations published in my field since the publication of my articles to see if they cite any. It has been a painfully time-consuming process so far.

Hi FOM,

I shortlisted all possible groups that are in my field and then I went to their university to see if dissertation access is openly available. This is turning out to be laboriously painful and time-consuming but some dissertations are turning up with my paper being cited in their bibliography. There are some universities that would not let users from outside their campuses access their library content. For those cases, you can either seek the assistance of your own library or any friends that may have access.

Good luck.