EB1 EA difference between criteria 5 and 6

dcdoc

Registered Users (C)
What is the main difference between criteria 5 and 6 of USCIS EB1 criteria

5 Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field;

6 Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media;

Thanks in advance

6 will be satisfied if you have published scholarly articles. For evidence, you would submit your published papers.

5 will be satisfied if the "contents" from your published scholarly articles are original and of major significance to the field. For evidence, you would submit citations and expert opinion in the form of support letters.

For number 6, just having papers doesn't mean everything. Quality of publications/impact factor needs to be emphasized too. I was told since I don't have minimal citations (about 25 out of the loop at the time of petition), i was told i don't satisfy that criteria.

For number 5: I was told you show how your work has made a significant contribution and has been widely utilized or confirmed by independent experts through the field. The petitioner must demonstrated that it has impacted the field such that it can be considered indicative of sustained national or international acclaim.

NW2, are you sure the citations are tied up with criterion #5? I always thought, for showing authorship of scholarly articles, you would have to show your papers, journals they were published in, circulation info, impact factor, etc. and not how many citation you've gotten.

The citations matter to satisfy criterion #6. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

GChopes:

I am just stating what I got from the USCIS:
publications alone is insufficient to establish the importance or influence of the published material.

Citations matter to both 5 and 6. For 5 you have to have in addition to citations the other stuff that I mentioned in my previous post.

Maybe each reviewer is different, I am just letting you know what I received.