• Average. Might get an RFE.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No chances. Might get denied.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GC-Hopes

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I'm preparing my EB1-EA I-140 package. I'm claiming the following three of the nine criteria:

1. Authorship of scholarly articles:

10 peer-reviewed journal articles
1 encyclopedia article
1 magazine article
25 conference papers
5 manuscripts submitted

2. Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field:

Reviewer for 8 journals, reviewed ~70 manuscripts in the 2008-2009 academic year;
Chair of an international conference to be held in May 2010
Co-chair of an international conference held in 2008

3. Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field

~95 citations from 24 countries
Letters from ~9 countries from folks that cited my work (who otherwise do not know me)
Letters from 4 distinguished persons who were my colleagues at some point in my career

That's all. I'm not claiming anything else. What are my chances?

I would use citations under "material about the alien". For scholarly work, I would use letters of reference to support my case. I think you stand a good chance - a very good chance at TSC, a fair chance at NSC.

Thanks MM! I talked to several lawyers and they all say citations can be used either ways but depends on how extensively a paper is cited. I take this as either a large number of citations (100+ for one particular paper within a short duration) or extensively discussed with reference to the author (petitioner).

Anyhow, I will indicate this in the cover letter somewhere but claiming this as one of the criteria seems far-fetched to me. Thanks again for your input.

GC

I would use citations under "material about the alien". For scholarly work, I would use letters of reference to support my case. I think you stand a good chance - a very good chance at TSC, a fair chance at NSC.

MM, could some one use citations for ``materials about alien'' ?. I always thought that it would fall under scholarly research.

When my attorney drafted the first memo for EA, he said the following for "material about the alien": "Former INS Acting Assistant Commissioner Lawrence J. Weinig has stated that “testimony from other scholars on how the alien has contributed to the academic field, entries (particularly a goodly number) in a citation index which cite the alien’s work as authoritative in the field […] would more than likely be solid pieces of evidence” (69 Interpreter Releases 1069, August 24, 1992)." And so I have used citations under published material about the alien.

Last edited by a moderator: