EB1-EA at NSC Was Approved!

Tiger_King

My EB1-EA was finally approved after a very long time waiting (for over 220 days)!!!

ND 03/14/02
AD 10/24/02
LIN-02-133-XXXXX
NSC

I was a quiet visitor to this great site and I appreciate what I learnt from here during the past several months. Today is my turn and I would like to share this good news with you guys. Good luck to all of you and your day is coming soon!

Tiger_King :D

Hi, Tiger_King

Congratulations! This is the first EB1-EA I have heard to be approved since I entered this Forum, the others are EB1-OR. I am very glad to hear your approval since I am also on this catergory, which is said to be the second most difficult one (second to NIW). Could you share with us or me (e-mail: hryi16@hotmail.com) some of your experience?

Thanks!

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by Tiger_King
My EB1-EA was finally approved after a very long time waiting (for over 220 days)!!!

ND 03/14/02
AD 10/24/02
LIN-02-133-XXXXX
NSC

I was a quiet visitor to this great site and I appreciate what I learnt from here during the past several months. Today is my turn and I would like to share this good news with you guys. Good luck to all of you and your day is coming soon!

Tiger_King :D

Re: Re: EB1-EA at NSC Was Approved!

Hi, All EB1-EA,

I just cannot believe this happed! My I-140 EB1-EA was approved according to the online status. It says a written notice was mailed to me on October 29, 2002. Below is my details:

MD: 08/13/02
RD: 08/14/02
ND: 08/14/02
AD: 10/29/02
EB1-EA

I wish you all good lucks!

Lao-Yi

Re: Self petition?

Yes, I am self-petitioner and did everything by myself except 2 of the 6 reference letters. The other 2 reference letters were written by the referees themself, who have experience of writing such letters.

Which center is you application submitted to? I am at NSC. I believe if your case is there, you should hear from them within days. They have approved many cases recently.

Good luck!

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by eb1Cat
Are a self-petitioner? I filed in May but still pending. What's going on?

Congratulations on the approval of your petition. Lao-Yi, you are really a lucky guy. It seems that NSC is speeding up and going to normal state after a long time sleeping.

I am also a self-petitioner and prepared everything except 5 strong recommendation letters. I should have this done several years ago since I didn't pay attention to it. My experience might not be useful as my background is overqualified for EB1-EA. I have over 19 years research experience with 4 top institutions, over 20 journal articles and about 50 conference papers and presentations. I have been a PI or co-PI of about 10 grants. I was a member of the editorial board of a journal and a reviewer for many journals. I advised or co-advised about 10 PhDs. In all, I am satisfied with all aspects listed by INS for EB1-EA.

I do think that the evidence collection and cover letter writting are most important things.

Good luck to you all and see you on I485.

Tiger_King;)

NSC too

I am filing at NSC too, self-petition. I called them many times, a week ago, I was told they are processing April's cases. Now, today, I was told they are doing Feb's cases. Never know what they are doing.

Lao-Yi

Congratulations! It is really impressive. The record time I ever heard for EB11 case.

BTW did you file I-140 and I-485 together?

Lao-Yi,

Congrats. Could yuu post a summary of your case (degrees and date, field of study, number of publications etc.). Thanks.

Hi,

I did the concurrent filing but my I-485 was sent 7 weeks after I sent I-140.

For my I-140 application, I was concentrated on 4 out of 10 catergories for evidence.

1. Senior Member of IEEE. I attached a congratulation letter from the Chairman, saying that less than 8% of 365,000 members ..., actually the Chairman himself is a Senior Member.

2. 6 patents from Germany, USA, and Australia, including the most recent one where I am the only inventor.

3. 41 publications (16 first author including 7 Appl. Phys. Lett.). (I have 48 journal papers and 13 conference papers, but only submitted 41).

4. Citation report, being cited 167 times. Highlighted one paper was cited 30 times. Did not attach any papers from others who cited my paper.

I am PhD Nov 96 from Sweden. I obtained a national prize from my home country but I did not add this to the list in my application because I left the certificate at my home in my home country and I was afraid that it may complicate the case if INS asks for evidence of the prize. I would have added this if I had it at my hands. I planned to add it if I got RFE.

Good luck to you all!

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by Raj1994
Lao-Yi,

Congrats. Could yuu post a summary of your case (degrees and date, field of study, number of publications etc.). Thanks.

Many sharks

So many sharks at NSC! Lao-Yi and Tiger King's backgrounds are too strong. But Lao-Yi's case is still a miracle even it's an easy case.

Asking for help from Lao-Yi

Lao-Yi,

Your case is very impressive. I recently received an RFE from CSC for my EB1-EA, and feel no confidence on the petition. Your experience would be very useful to my response.

Could you please send an email to guisu_liu@yahoo.com

Thank you very much.

Bill