Category EB1/EA
RD 8/31/00
ND 9/13/00
EAC 00 270 XXXXX
RFE 11/30/00 (received 1/03/01)
RFE reply 2/23/01
AD 3/19/00
Lawyer got notice yesterday.

I have been reading discussion on this board for quit sometime but posted messages only a few times. discussions over here have been very helpful in many ways. I would to thank all the person who take time to share their experiences and provide valuable support. Wish all the best to those waiting.

RSP

No Title

Thanks.

PhD in Physics/optics
10 years experience
36 publications (22+14 in conferences including invited)
Citations about 40
Co-convenor of one national level conference
Member of National organizing committee of another conference
Supervisor of one PhD and three MPhil theses.
Reviewer of OSA journals
One research grant - presented as equivalent to a national award
Member APS and OSA
15 letters from USA, UK, Russia, Belgium and India.

No Title

Please give me your evaluation and my chance to apply EB1-EA

My qualifications:
0. BS in Earth Sciences, MS in Earth Sciences, Ph.D. Candidate in Earth Sciences.
1. 16 papers (13 of 16 in English and the remaining 3 not in English).
     I am the first author for 13 out of 16.
    6 abstracts and 4 poster presentations in national conferences.
2. Reviewed 5 papers for 3 professional journals.
3. 6 professional memberships.
4. 5 requests for reprints of my papers.
5. 1 university fellowship.
   1 scholarship award from the Phi Kappa Phi honor society.
   1 Best Paper Award from a professional society in an International Conference.
6. 12 strong letters of recommendation, including
   ones from California Institute of Technology, Cornell University,
   University of McMaster (Canada), University of Huddersfield(U.K.),
   University of Cambridge(U.K.), the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, etc.
7. School Media reported my research.

No Title

Hi Desi2000,
Congratulations!
What was your service center?
Thanks

No Title

Thanks for the clarification!
I have my EB1-OR application at VSC (EAC-01-084-5XXXX, ND 1/22/01). Any idea when to expect the approval? This is probably a bad question to ask as I see so many posts on the I-140 board saying that VSC is stuck on Sep 2000 cases...

No Title

Recently I recieved a letter from INS stating that my I-601 has been approved,prior to this approval I already apply for a green card application through my wife as a petitioner(u.s. citizen) I had my interview almost three years ago. I had a misdemeanor case in 96 that\'s why INS requested for this I-601 which is the waiver of excudability. Now that this is approved, is this means that my green card is in process, the letter from INS didn\'t mention anything except for the approval of the I-601. Don\'t know what it means, please help!!!!

No Title

This looks impressive to me. However, what I feel is important is how you present the evidence. INS gives more importance to letters from experts in the field who never had any personal contact with you, have not been your supervisors. Along with letters it is usually a good idea to send the resume/list of publications of the person writing the letter.

You didn\'t list the citations, that is also important. Many people also write about the impact factor of the journals where you have published and where your work has been cited. I didn\'t.

You said, PhD candiadte. If it is not going to take too long and you have any other reasons to rush, it may be good idea to wait till it is awarded. This is not a requirement, but I guess everything counts, no matter how insignificant it may sound.

Best wishes.

No Title

Hi,
Would please evaluate my case for an EB1-EA.

1) PhD in Computer Sciecne from INDIA
2) Four year Teaching experience in Computer Science at the Masters Level in an INDIAN University
3) One year post doctoral research experience in CANADA
4) Seven publications ( Two top international and rest in INDIA)
5) One chapter in a book published by TATA McGILL INDIA
6) Two citations ( my knowledge)
7) Supervised more than ten Masters level Thesis
8) Member of Different commities in the INDIAN University( Doctoral committe, Affiliation committe, Board of Studies)
9) Around 3 years of IT experience in USA
10) At present working for a LUCENT spinoff R&D ( Telecommunication software R&D).

My company is about to file in EB1-OR. But, if qualified, I intend to file in EB1-EA. Also, can you send me a sample cover letter to prove the case. if not please advice where I can get a sample.

Thanks,
Apk

No Title

Thank you very much, Desi2000.

My attorney told me he will not attach their resumes with their letters because one of his cases was rejected. The rejected letter says the writers of recommendation letters are what they (USA) want because the writers have stonger background than ours after they compared our young applicants with the older experts. He will file my petition soon. He is a stubborn attorney.

No Title

Versions of Form I - 140. This is for everyone.

Go To: http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-140.htm

Please see their chart: For Form I-140, the newest version is 09/26/00,
   and 04/11/91 is also acceptable. What about other old versions?

Which version or versions should we use???? Ask your attorney to make sure.

recommendation letters from people who are too good.

ur ok said:
Thank you very much, Desi2000.

My attorney told me he will not attach their resumes with their letters because one of his cases was rejected. The rejected letter says the writers of recommendation letters are what they (USA) want because the writers have stonger background than ours after they compared our young applicants with the older experts. He will file my petition soon. He is a stubborn attorney.

I read a smilar case here. (Page 11)
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/admindec3/b2/2002/JUN2402_03B2203.pdf