EB1-EA approved

kku

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum Members,

I have a good news to share with you all. As of today, I checked and got a notice of APPROVAL on my EB1-EA application to TSC. I am sooo.so..happy and am so thankful to Rajiv's forum for providing us a platform to share so much info with each other. If it wasn't this website I wouldn't have done it. I also want to thank Pradeep, Madgu , Tipodo and others who have always have been very prompt in helping and now is my turn. I am taking today off...)) for obvious reasons but will definitely answer as many queries as I can later on.

On a short note, I filed on Feb 28'2007 and got approved today (no PP).
Just have to wait for interlinking my 485 to this one.

Thanks much,
kku

haven't heard from Mogambo , Ajasha, Ionav...for long ....have you guys got your GC..?

Dear Forum Members,

I have a good news to share with you all. As of today, I checked and got a notice of APPROVAL on my EB1-EA application to TSC. I am sooo.so..happy and am so thankful to Rajiv's forum for providing us a platform to share so much info with each other. If it wasn't this website I wouldn't have done it. I also want to thank Pradeep, Madgu , Tipodo and others who have always have been very prompt in helping and now is my turn. I am taking today off...)) for obvious reasons but will definitely answer as many queries as I can later on.

Thanks much,
kku

haven't heard from Mogambo , Ajasha, Ionav...for long ....have you guys got your GC..?

Congratulations KKU!!! enjoy your day

Hello kku,
Can you give details of u r case? Just not clear from your post whether u got 140 approval or 485?
Me and many more are waiting for our 485 approval so it will be helpful if u give details of u r case.
Thanks

Dear Forum Members,

Thanks much,
kku

Hi KKU,

Can you put your credentials? That will help others who are applying in this category.

Thanx

Great news

Hi kku
Great news congratulations. I was wondering whether TSC has not touched any EB1 EA case. If you remember last week I posted a thread about recent approvals. Good that I see one now.
moden

eb1

Thanks everyone for wishes. CivRU yes, I remember you...You had answered my query one time. You are great help on many forums. Yes, this is just my I-140. I have to link i-485 to this application.

Ok, my credentials :
Area: Life Sciences
Papers: ~15 (though should not matter, if you are smart in arranging stuff)
Membership:5 (same as above)
Awards:5
Topic: cancer
Cover letter:~20 pages
Criteria=8 or 9

My advice to new ones:

Search this forum thorough. I took the advices from this forum and incorporated in the cover letter. Be consistent. From my perspective your cover letter is important. Claim criteria only if you can prove it. I really worked hard on the application. I didn't leave anything unanswered. IF you don't have any international award please do not claim that criteria. You will be in trouble if you can't prove it. I will write more specifically for the benefit of others some very useful tips about cover letter soon.

Best,
KKU

Hi KKU.

I'm putting toghether my EB1-EA application, and your successful example is a good thing. I agree with you that this forum is an invaluable resource!

I concur with your comment about claiming only what you can prove. I will obviously pass myself on the two criteria who pertain to professional artists (7 and 9). I cannot substantiate 10 (salary, as I am being paid by my own governement for working in the US), and I decided not to claim 2 (membership) because the many international scientific societies I belong to are open to all those who are in the field, not to the very few at the top of it.

When you write "Criteria=8 or 9", you mean the number of criteria you claimed? 8 would be ok, but 9 is hard if you are in science, or do I miss something?

Thanks again!

Chris

Dear members,

I couldn't get back to PM messages earlier as I usually do not check mails over the weekend. However, I will encourage all of you to give it a shot. I know it needs lot of planning and writing but it is worth a try. However, on a second note, if you think NIW is better for you (which of course is easier )this is a good time to go for it as all dates are current for now.

About the cover letter : this is the pattern I followed which was earlier recommended by one of the fellow members.
(Tips: My presentation was neat and methodical guided by tabs. Packet had approx~ 100-120 pages altogether. For my papers I just had the first page as evidence. I included CV's of all references but only first 3-4 pages. Citations from ISI and summarized all of them as 2-3 pages. I reviewed only 3-4 papers and had letters on journals letterhead). Please do not be discouraged by thinking you may not have some of it. As I said earlier I just worked hard on myself to gather these letters and preparing the application. It is doable.

Subject: “203(b)(1)(A) Alien of Extraordinary Ability” Immigrant Visa Petition of

Dear Sir/Madan.
This letter is submitted by the petitioner, Dr., who also is the beneficiary. The beneficiary (an “Alien of Extraordinary Ability”) requests consideration of his/her application pursuant to Section 203(b)(1)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended (the “Act”).

I. THE BENEFICIARY—
Brief about your education and research

II. APPLICABLE LAW

I claimed 8 here:

• Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor,

• Membership in associations in the field which require outstanding achievements as judged by recognized national or international experts,

• Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media,

• Participation on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the field or an allied field,

• Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field,

• Authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media,

• Display of the alien's work at artistic exhibitions or showcases,

• Evidence that the alien has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have distinguished reputations,

• Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other high remuneration for services,

• Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk, or video sales.

III. EVIDENCE DEMONSTRATING BENIFICIARY’S
EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY IN SCIENCES

Proved the above points; one at a time including references from the letters

IV. BENIFICIARY’S PLANS FOR THE FUTURE

V. CONCLUSION

Hope this helps,

kku

Congratulations! Interesting note: Although the processing date for EB1 140 is at December 06, your application filed way later (Feb 28) is approved now (less than 4 months). So USCIS do process applications upfront of the processing dates?

Congratulations! Interesting note: Although the processing date for EB1 140 is at December 06, your application filed way later (Feb 28) is approved now (less than 4 months). So USCIS do process applications upfront of the processing dates?

Exactly! Just what I was telling you in another thread. Also, see chatterjee1's recent posts - his/her I-140 was approved in less than 2 months, and I-485 in about 3 months. There's always a chance to get approved ahead of schedule (especially at TSC). Don't lose hope and explore all options!