EB1-EA Approved at TSC

Hey dgrajan and haimi,

i'm a bit worried about e-filing 907 - the uscis site explicitly sais NO EB-1 - see below - i just cut and paste from the website 907 instructions.
my guess is they let dgrajan slide but they say no refund for user errors :0
hmmmmmm :)))

vg

"
Who Is Not Eligible to E-File This Form:

You are not eligible to E-File this form if:
You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee.
The beneficiary is an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant and must obtain a visa.
The beneficiary falls under any non-immigrant classification not listed below.
Selects a Petition Type other than “e” on the Form I-140.

Who Is Eligible to E-File This Form:

I-129: Currently, those eligible to E-file for this service are the following categories of nonimmigrants whose employers file on their behalf using Form I-129: E-1; E-2; H-1B; H-2B; H-3; L-1; O-1; O-2; P-1; P-3; Q-1; and TN.

I-140: Currently, those eligible to request this service are petitioners who file Form I-140 on behalf of an alien and select Petition Type “e” - A professional (at a minimum, possessing a bachelor’s degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree) or a skilled worker (requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience).
"

I think its OK to e-file I-907. I did that and there was no problem. Actually, it was my attorney who suggested that!

thanks all! I agree with vg about the instructions, which is the safe way to go. But according to others' experiences, it seems that e-filing 907 is okay. If so, is there an option to e-file 140 and 907 concurrently?

Haimi,

Don't file 140 and 907 concurrently. First e-file I-140 and then wait for the supporting documents to reach them. Once you are sure that the documents have been delivered, e-file 907. Otherwise you might get an RFE saying that the documents are missing.

thanks gc_eb1ea! I will do as you and others suggested. I am going to Staples to buy ACCO fasteners and the tabs. Any other things necessary? Hopefully I can submit next Monday and hear good news soon.

BTW, when sending documents to USCIS, is registered mail by USPS with signature confirmation better or Express courier service such as FedEx better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haimi,

I sent registered with the green card delivery confirmation receipt.
It came back with a stamp with the name of the officer who picked it up and a date. And that's despite the fact that the address was a PO Box, not courier mail. I.e. with the signature confirmation you still get someone to sign personally. Remains to be seen if the papers get lost :)
Good luck!

vg

Haimi,

Don't file 140 and 907 concurrently. First e-file I-140 and then wait for the supporting documents to reach them. Once you are sure that the documents have been delivered, e-file 907. Otherwise you might get an RFE saying that the documents are missing.

gc_eb1ea and dgrajan,

i just e-filed PP following your steps. now a question.

After e-filing 907, did you have to mail the "supporting documentation" for that too? That would be the 1) notice of action 797 for i-140, and 2) the e-filing receipt for the I-140. Can't find any instructions on that anywhere....

Btw, if you have to mail all that, i guess it won't be any faster afterall, except easier to pay.

Thanks much!
vlado

dear all, some more questions:

1) for translation statement, can I sign it myself? Or is it better to have someone else as the translator?

2) other than using ACCO fastener and punching 2 holes in all documents and using tabs to identify them as "Exhibit 1", "Exhibit 2", etc. Do I need to give page number for all pages? (for example, if "exhibit 10" is a paper, which may itself be 20 pages. Do I need to number each page again? Or using "exhibits" is good enough?)

Many thanks!

-haimi

Hey dgrajan and haimi,

i'm a bit worried about e-filing 907 - the uscis site explicitly sais NO EB-1 - see below - i just cut and paste from the website 907 instructions.
my guess is they let dgrajan slide but they say no refund for user errors :0
hmmmmmm :)))

vg

"
Who Is Not Eligible to E-File This Form:

You are not eligible to E-File this form if:
You are applying for a waiver of the filing fee.
The beneficiary is an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant and must obtain a visa.
The beneficiary falls under any non-immigrant classification not listed below.
Selects a Petition Type other than “e” on the Form I-140.

Who Is Eligible to E-File This Form:

I-129: Currently, those eligible to E-file for this service are the following categories of nonimmigrants whose employers file on their behalf using Form I-129: E-1; E-2; H-1B; H-2B; H-3; L-1; O-1; O-2; P-1; P-3; Q-1; and TN.

I-140: Currently, those eligible to request this service are petitioners who file Form I-140 on behalf of an alien and select Petition Type “e” - A professional (at a minimum, possessing a bachelor’s degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree) or a skilled worker (requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience).
"

I think you are confusing E-1 non-immigrant visa with EB1 immigrant category

actually - not.
i'm not confusing anything -
box 'e' on i-140 is what it says - 'professional....'
while extraordinary ability is box 'a'.

but maybe these instructions are leftovers from the time when you couldn't e-file 140 with anything but category 'e'.

now, when you e-file 907 it does offer box 'a' extraordinary ability as a choice.
so it seems to work.

but i had the question - is this all with 907 or do i still have to mail receipts from i-140 like i had to if mailing 907.
anyone help?

thanks!
vg

e-file PP for E1-B

To answer my own question :)

Upgrading i-140 extraordinary ability to premium by e-filing PP works fine, despite the instructions saying only category 'e' (extraord. ability is 'a').
once you e-file, the Man takes the money and you don't have to mail anything else.

Thanks very much: gc_eb1ea, dgrajan, docny and haimi

vg

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

Hi, gc_eb1ea ,

Congrats!!! I am ready to upgrade my case to premium process. I am wondering if you can clarify the mailing adress? two address are listed on the USCIS website:
Texas Service Center
• Form I-140 Mailing Address:
Premium Processing Service
USCIS Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 279060
Dallas, TX 75227
• Form I-140 Courier Mail Address:
Premium Processing Service
USCIS Texas Service Center
4141 North St. Augustine Road
Dallas, TX 75227
which one to use for USPS express mail?

Thanks!

Cannot choose I140 for PP efile?

I am trying to efile PP just now to upgrade my I140. But after I choose form I907 and it goes to choosing the 'related form', only 'form I129' is available from the drop down menu, and there is no choice of I140.

But USCIS website doesn't say that efiling is disabled for I140.

I am totally confused...

Any help great appreciated...

To answer my own question :)

Upgrading i-140 extraordinary ability to premium by e-filing PP works fine, despite the instructions saying only category 'e' (extraord. ability is 'a').
once you e-file, the Man takes the money and you don't have to mail anything else.

Thanks very much: gc_eb1ea, dgrajan, docny and haimi

vg