EB1-EA Approved after RFE at NSC

subra70

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

I was away from this forum for a while mainly because I had to move from my earlier work place.

I submitted my EB1-EA application on Oct 16, 06 and then made that as PP on Nov. 15. Got an RFE on Nov. 29. The deadline to respond was Feb. 20 and I submitted the response on 16th Feb. No LUD after 19th Feb. stating that my response was received and the case processing has resumed. I got the approval last night at 7:15 EST. The message below:

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Thanks to all especially, magdu, tipotodo et al.

Subra

congrats Surba!!! long time no see!!!!!! I always knew you were going to get approved!!!!! :D

enjoy the appoval and see ya in 485 forum! :D

subra 70,
Congrats! is nice to see that you are approved. Is a long time, but welcome back with the good news.
Good luck with 485.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot. Sure, I will be there in the I485 forum.

I would like to post my credentials and the way we handled the RFE. No big difference than what we are seeing in this forum, still I thought it will be helpful to others.

Ph.D. from India in the area of electrochemistry/materials science
35 (~ 23 1st author) publications in international journals
150 citations
Reviewer for ~ 20 journals
One book chapter in preparation
Two invitations for talks in International meetings
2 Ph.D. thesis evaluation invitations from Indian universities
Over 20 conference papers
No major awards - I did not show any fellowship as an award.

With the application for EB1A I submitted all the essential documents supporting my claims. I got 8 letters from US, India, Korea, and Malaysia. I got a one from a company. Of the 8 letters only 3 are independent.

RFE: General, all 10 criteria without anything specific highlighted or bold or nothing. Just a first couple of sentences acknowledging my scientific accomplishments, blah, blah still we need additional evidence.

Got some 12 independent letters from authors who cited my papers (I choose only the papers where I am the 1st author).

6 nice letters from journal editors who invited me for being a referee highlighting the reasons for me being chosen as a referee.

Got two new independent recommendation letters from a company in US and an institute in Japan.

My attorney wrote an excellent cover letter for ~ 24 pages elaborating the 5 of the 10 criteria listed for extraordinary ability category.

Above all GOD IS WITH ME and I AM LUCKY. I think this is the main credential we all should have!

Thanks! Please post any questions or send me a personal message if I can be of any assistance.

EB1-EA -NSC
RD 10/16/2006
PP 11/15/2006
RFE 11/29/2006

Response to RFE
RD 2/16/2007
LUD 2/19/2007 - Case processing resumed
Approved 2/23/2007 - Email 7:15 PM EST
Also, the online status changed to APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed that you got a RFE, your accomplishments clearly qualify you for EB1. Possibly the initial cover letter was not clear enough.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck with your AOS process!:)

Is so good that we keep seeing approval from NSC, is a good thing, and like we've said it a couple of times, it all comes down the cover letter!!!!

congrats again!

Hi All:

I was away from this forum for a while mainly because I had to move from my earlier work place.

I submitted my EB1-EA application on Oct 16, 06 and then made that as PP on Nov. 15. Got an RFE on Nov. 29. The deadline to respond was Feb. 20 and I submitted the response on 16th Feb. No LUD after 19th Feb. stating that my response was received and the case processing has resumed. I got the approval last night at 7:15 EST. The message below:

On February 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Subra

Congrats
Good Luck for AOS

Hi All:

Subra

Many congratulations Subra, great success!!