EB1 backlog == EB2 NIW backlog ?

Denverer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I just talked to a lawyer from NY, he said the initial processing time to get approval for I140 for both EB1-OR and EB2-NIW are the same, around 3 months.

Q1: Many jobs require "green card", If I got approval for I140, will my wife be qualified for those jobs?

I then asked him about the time taken to file 485 till its approval? He said they are also the same, there is currently no backlog for both EB1-OR and EB2-NIW. The claim that NIW needs to wait for longer is outdated, one and a half years ago, it is true. Not now.

I then went to NSC to check the processing time.
http://www.usvisanews.com/pro-nebraska.html
 The item says:
I-485 (Adjustment) 01/10/01
Does this refer to both NIW and OR adjustment date, or are they different?
Can you help me to evaluate what the lawyer said?

He is right

OR and NIW applications are now taking less than 2 months. And you can file 485 when your date is current. Right now dates are current for all EB classes.Your wife would get to work only if you have married her before you get the GC.

Same in terms of time?

So, you mean trying either EB1-OR or EB2-NIW are the same in terms of
time they take from applying to getting a tangible GC? YitiZhu
said EB1-OR takes less backlog, please shed light on this...

I mean

now no backlog, it takes same time for adjustment for EB1-OR and NIW; but it takes a yr after you file I-485, to get green card; during this period, if there is backlog within this yr, more likely to happen in EB2 rather than EB1, then you definitely get your green card later. You never know what happens during the yr of adjustment of status. Is that clear?
Sometimes, the backlog, when happens, you even talk about "yrs".