EB1-A Denied :(

GC_SEP2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My EB1-A got denied after RFE. So what does you guys suggest? Appeal or reapply again? Kindly suggest.

I could not find your credentials on the forum. Would you be kind enough to post them?
Thanks
Chris

Sorry to hear that. Would you be kind enough to post your credentials. Also did u apply urself or hired an attorney

I am sorry to hear this. Applying again after some time would be a better choice than going for appeal. I am sure you may have some additions in your CV after your I140 was filed. Wish you good luck with your future steps.

EB1today.

Not a legal advice

Hi GC-SEP2005,

Sorry to hear about the result. YOU first analyze what went wrong with your initial petition. Getting the result from appeal will take time (approx 1 year). Instead you apply again.

Good luck

Thanx Guys

Thanx guys for the help.

My Credentials are master in Biology, 14 years of experience in technology with 14 publications of which have 4 first authors and more than 20 abstracts for international conferences. Have a chapter in a book and another chapter as first author coming soon. I know this is not a good credentials like many others in the forumn. I had a attorney who applied for me.

I think since I have more additions to my CV I would consider to apply again in few months. :)

Which criteria?

Hi!

Which criteria did you give evidence for? It would help to give you some comments.

From the various denied appeal documents given by the USCIS, it seems that a Master is likely not enough. It is hard to claim to have risen to the top of a field in science without a PhD, though I agree there are very rare cases where it can be compensated by other things.

Cheers,
Chris

sorry to hear about denial.
I think your credentials are sufficient, if properly presented. If you have not given sufficient letters try to get more ref letters from different countries, be member of 2-3 societies, try to become reviewer of some journals in your area. I hope if you have not done some of this do it and submit it after some time.
good luck

if you feel your attorney is not good to present EB1 cases then change to a successful attorney. did s/he get any EB1 approval for other people? I prefer to apply again after gathering sufficient reco letters (more external from different countries), citations, publications. try to present at least three strong points and two minors. good luck.

True!

Chris,

Its true that in Science it hard to rise without a PhD. The criteria I gave evidence for were 1. publications , 2. Presentations in International conferences, 3. Important member in Organizations 4. Salary 5. Reviewer for 2 journals and some more I don;t remember now. I think had claimed 6 of 10.

To kind of reply others also in the same mail, I am a member of 4-5 societies and of which two are very choosy and have long procedure for selecting a person as member. I am also chairing few committies in these societies which I did not mention in my earlier mail. Other than this I am also on many grants as Co-I ( I know its hard to be Co-I without a PhD) or Key Member. The officer had said that I did not have any history of publications which is true as all the 14 papers ( 7 more to come in next few months) were published within last 4-5 years. I had 12 letters from across the world from people in very high positions (Directors) both academics and industry. Now in last few months I have started getting citations for my first few papers published.

Hope this will help some members to give some advice.

Thanx all once again :)

Hi!

Which criteria did you give evidence for? It would help to give you some comments.

From the various denied appeal documents given by the USCIS, it seems that a Master is likely not enough. It is hard to claim to have risen to the top of a field in science without a PhD, though I agree there are very rare cases where it can be compensated by other things.

Cheers,
Chris

Very helpful

Thanks for giving details on your credentials. It is very helpful.

Do you know from your denial letter which criteria were ok and which were not? It would also very helpful to know that for all of us preparing their file.

As many said, better claim what is rock solid and perhaps one or two more borderlines (though if there are more than three that seem very strong, I don't fell like claiming evidence for borderline ones).

Cheers
Chris