Eb Priority Dates Predicted To Be Current Throughout 2002!!!!

eddyja

Registered Users (C)
Here is the news from immigration-law.com

Hope this really happens.I have pasted the info below.

Updated 11/02/01: EB Priority Dates Predicted "Current" Throughout FY 2002(10/1/01-9/30/02)

The Visa Office of DOS predicts that the Employment-Based Immigrant Visa Numbers are expected to remain "current," just like now, throughout the FY 2002. The reasons are: The FY 2001 Employment annual limit was at an all-time high, which allowed sufficient numbers to be made available for all cases. Therefore, it was not necessary to use any of the numbers which were "recaptured under AC 21. Having these numbers available fro use during FY 2002 is the reason the VO believes that all Employment categories will remain current. What a relief!!
However, the VO expresses concern for "Other Worker" category which is unskilled workers, which they expect to see a dramatic increase in demand for numbers. Therefore, the people in this category should watch the progress of priority dates movement.

eddyja.

Thank you, eddyja.

Thank you so much eddyja. It\'s a real relief. You know I just heard a rumor about a regulation on immigration. Somebody told me that when the unemployement rate reach a certain threshold, all immigration processes will be fronze. The rumor didn\'t say anything about the threshold as well as what kind of cases (at which stage) will be affacted!

Let\'s cross our fingers and pray for the rest of our green card process.