EB 5 Interview coming up at London embassy. Anybody gone through this?

nsmith45

Have my interview coming up and I was wondering what I can expect? I.e is it straight forward, will I have to prove I have enough funds to support myself, what sort of documents do they need to see etc. Any insight would be appreciated.

One thing you can definitely count on is them wanting a clear trail of where your investment funds came from. Their job is to ensure that all EB5 investment funds were legally gained, so you should be prepared for that. Please keep us posted!

I have had many clients go through the Embassy interview and will be happy to give you their feedback. They likely will NOTbe questioning your source of funds at that interview as that has already been documented at the I-526 stage. They sometimes ask clients some "weird" questions; just answer truthfully and you will be fine. At this interview they are typically looking at "you" i.e. your health (results of your medical) and your criminal background check. They may ask you about your decisions and your desire/motivation to live in the USA. I am happy to elaborate further if you wish to contact me directly, just let me know.

Hi, We are awaiting a date for our EB5 interview at the London Embassy. How did your interview go any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Hi, We are awaiting a date for our EB5 interview at the London Embassy. How did your interview go any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Adrian.

You have already gone through the hardest part. Your I-526 was approved by USCIS.

The Consular Officer will concentrate on the remaining basic admissibility issues of any immigrant visa applicant. That goes for you and any dependent family members.

Are the medical exam results OK? Are you all admissible in terms of any past criminal activities including drug violations? Do any of you have any connections to any subversive or terrorist organizations? Since you are EB-5 immigrants, you are presumed to be not likely to become a public charge* so, financials will only be looked at in a cursory fashion. USCIS already made you show lawful source of funds, a viable business plan, and IF through a Regional Center, a valid economic model predicting sufficient job creation. If on your own, you have already hired 10 employees or included a schedule to hire 10 or the remaining employees in your business plan.

* You had to show that you could invest either ONE or ONE HALF Million Dollars! You ain't gettin' no foodstamps and welfare checks!

Consular Officers have been instructed NOT to try to re-adjudicate your business plan and the other issues dealt with in the I-526 petition process.

SEE:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87835.pdf
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87836.pdf

22 CFR § 42.32 Employment-based preference immigrants.

Aliens subject to the worldwide level specified in section 201(d) for employment-based immigrants in a fiscal year shall be allotted visas as indicated below.

(e) Fifth preference—Employment-creation immigrants

(1) Entitlement to status. An alien shall be classifiable as a fifth preference employment-creation immigrant if the consular officer has received from DHS an approved petition to accord such status, or official notification of such an approval, and the consular officer is satisfied that the alien is within the class described in INA 203(b)(5).

(2) Entitlement to derivative status. Pursuant to INA 203(d), and whether or not named in the petition, the spouse or child of an employment-based fifth preference immigrant, if not otherwise entitled to an immigrant status and the immediate issuance of a visa, is entitled to a derivative status corresponding to the classification and priority date of the beneficiary of the petition.

The EB-5 Visa Category has been current since day one and not likely to ever have a backlog.